Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Poll

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVERS FROM 09 CBR600? WANT TO INSTALL FRAME SLIDERS..

PLASTICS REMOVAL
1 (50%)
COWL REMOVAL
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 13, 2009, 04:57:30 PM

Author Topic: HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVERS FROM 09 CBR600?  (Read 28420 times)

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
  • Im too drunk to taste this chicken-Colonel Sanders
    • Donate
Re: HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVERS FROM 09 CBR600?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
Maybe if you were a little bit nicer, I am sure you might get something...Good luck getting any out of me though!! LOL

:fu: :fu: i am the nicest person here  :fu: :fu:

:P
Donate to my Beer and Bike Fund
Give a little, or give a little more

ian

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:56 AM »
hey man you need to do some searching and get some tools. start with some allens
newer bikes comes with the standard allen the bike uses :headspin: he's got the only tool needed to take the fairings off and he can't figure it out. ahaha

ian

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 02:57:08 AM »
oh and i never noticed your donations link. i was very tempted to donate $1 just for shits and giggles but i'm an unemployed student at the moment and i've been trying to save up to replace my stolen bike since feb. i think i need a charity more than you my friend :headspin:

Craf†

• you have 1 life to live, at least die like a man, crash in some twisties
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:37 AM »
im not sure if this guy is coming back but ill enlighten him if he returns,
allen wrenches that come with the bike = 1 wrench. ull need a set of allens to do the job. the plasic is not only mounted to the bike with screws but also locked together by each other, for instance if u want to take the tank cover off you have to remove every peice of plastic on your bike before you can get to it. the why they hook together is a bit tricky so i suggest you take your time wiggling them and applying small amounts of pressure while you seperate them.
each peices is 500$ or more  a pop so try not to break them.
if you are doing a crash cage. you need a drip some bits adn then the 1/2 inch wood bit people use .. you know the one that looks like O with teeth around the end, thats the cleanest way to do it.
but it does take a few hrs to take everything off the bike. i wish you luck. but im sure the bike will get the best of you.  :spank:

Craf†

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
 ::)  :(  ::)  :(  ::)  :(  ::)  :spank:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:43:25 AM by Craf† »

blindkiller

• FREAK Member
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »
im not sure if this guy is coming back but ill enlighten him if he returns,
allen wrenches that come with the bike = 1 wrench. ull need a set of allens to do the job. the plasic is not only mounted to the bike with screws but also locked together by each other, for instance if u want to take the tank cover off you have to remove every peice of plastic on your bike before you can get to it. the why they hook together is a bit tricky so i suggest you take your time wiggling them and applying small amounts of pressure while you seperate them.
each peices is 500$ or more  a pop so try not to break them.
if you are doing a crash cage. you need a drip some bits adn then the 1/2 inch wood bit people use .. you know the one that looks like O with teeth around the end, thats the cleanest way to do it.
but it does take a few hrs to take everything off the bike. i wish you luck. but im sure the bike will get the best of you.  :spank:

I don't even know what you just said because I took the side fairings off easily when I installed flushmounts and then again when I replaced one side of the plastics due to a jackass hitting me.
:thumb: temper pedic mattresses don't have shit on cinderblocks and cardboard

" To reach manhood, we are all cast into the fire and are purified by pain."

Craf†

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
i hear about some people breaking the C locks that join the plastic parts. the allen wrenches a monkey can figure out. if thats what u are refering too

uaintgotThiscbr

• Newbies
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
_
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:06:12 PM by uaintgotThiscbr »

uaintgotThiscbr

• Newbies
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
It is sad to know that someone of this mental level has a sportbike!

blindkiller

• FREAK Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
i hear about some people breaking the C locks that join the plastic parts. the allen wrenches a monkey can figure out. if thats what u are refering too

Well, it takes a special person to not realize the fairings are plastic and you can bend and move plastic around and get them off without breaking them pretty easily, like anything else take some patience and be gentle. I never had a problem doing it. Just took me like 2 hours total to get the fairings off, install flush mounts and put them back on. Took an hour for me to swap the fairings because my motor covers weren't hurt and change the mirror and brake lever and bushing on the end of the throttle. Don't know how that's all that was damaged, I guess I got lucky...ish.
:thumb: temper pedic mattresses don't have shit on cinderblocks and cardboard

" To reach manhood, we are all cast into the fire and are purified by pain."

tridge

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
I had the same question when I first bought my bike and I found this video extremely helpful *sorry it's advertising a specific part but the video is very descriptive on how to remove the plastic*

Also, word of advice, the tabs right below the seat, furthest back on the bike that connect the upper faring with the lower faring are scary at first but if you just use pressure and show them who's boss they will snap right in. My first time trying to put those particular tabs together I was scared I was going to break something but I made it a lot harder then it had to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DB8ahgYS-E

South African

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
I had to Google "motorbike frame slider"... :-X

Then I realised that they should call it "bike sliders"? I know them as "Crash Bobin's"

WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

• FREAK Member
  • Know The Rules...Before You Play The Game
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »
I was wondering how this old ass thread came back around lol...but seriously, how can you not be able to take of some fucking fairings...it's right the fuck there in front of you!  ??? ??? ???

Some thing I will never get

sbrochew

• Newbies
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Damn! Was bored and read this thread.  :-X

Feel bad for the guy! All he wanted was for someone to tell him how to take the fairings off and not one person could do a simple thing and tell him he has to use the other side of the allen wrench! ???

Unfortunately, these are the people you read about in the paper or see on the news so in a sense I do feel sorry for him! Can't do much but:  :pop:
2008 CBR600RR Red/Black
Can you LOVE an inanimate object?

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
well, it's pretty much like someone coming here and asking "hey, guys, how do i get on my bike?". there are inocent questions, ignorant questions, stupid questions, then there's this..... i mean.. if you can't figgure out how to take the fairings off, perhaps you shouldn't be the one to install the frame sliders. just a thought...

once again, i miss the fact that we don't have a natural predator to feed on the intelectually challenged....
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)