Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Public parking  (Read 4407 times)

nodicesteven

• Newbies
Public parking
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
Hey I'm new to riding, got an 08 cbr600 last week and have been riding every day since I bought it. (I did the MSF course so no comments about that please). Anyway, I've been going out to see friends and meet up with some at restaurants, etc. I've often seen people park their bikes on sidewalks, but seeing as how this is illegal and most people find it obnoxious, park in the closest spaces I can find to where I am going to try to keep an eye on my bike. I am extremely paranoid about it getting stolen or hit. But the point of this post is this - It seems when people see me either parking or gearing up to leave, I get really mad looks, like I shouldn't be parking in "their" spaces. Is this common, I am trying to avoid putting out a bad image, but very few places have actual motorcycle parking. Any insight?

DJ600RR

Re: Public parking
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
Its just part of being a sportbiker. Get used to the looks

Timmorgz78

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
A parking spot is a parking spot, Who cares if it's a big F350 Super duty or a damn smart car, You derserve your space. Just park it in a spot and make sure people have enough room to get in and out of their vehicles around you and you are good. I just find a spot and park.I know the feeling, the first times out you are going to be a little worried "what if someone hits it" "what if someone steals it" but after a while as long as your are in a good area those worries will go away. Next time people are giving you a mad look, Just give them a little nod and see what happens.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
  • Im too drunk to taste this chicken-Colonel Sanders
    • Donate
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »
i park in the big area next to handicap spots with all the dashed lines, no one seems to care  ??? and if i go somewhere where there is more than a couple bikes up on a BIG sidewalk or not in a regular spot ill usually follow the trend and slide her in there.... other than that ill get the closest spot to a window and tell the waitress to sit me there...
Donate to my Beer and Bike Fund
Give a little, or give a little more

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
yea and the f-350 take 2 or 3 spots fuckin piece of shit fords then the worst part is you have to park in their oil spot

nodicesteven

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 09:28:08 PM »
Yeah I'm sure I'll become alot more comfortable with the whole situation as I get more exposure. When I can find some good people to ride with I'll probably see their habits (good and bad) and pick up some more insight from that. Anyway, obviously I am new to this forum, hopefully I can also pick up any useful, or helpful information from anyone here. I've been reading through other forums and have come across some interesting discussions.

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
I don't think parking on the sidewalk is bad.(as long as it is BIG enough ,+1 nut, you beat me to it lol)

To me it is not as bad as a f'n quad cab long bed Ford truck park in a compact spot. They do it all the time. As long as people can easily get by on he sidewalk, I don't see a major problem with it.
What are you living for?

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
Oh, Welcome Steven. Don't forget the newbie questionaire!
What are you living for?

Low Light

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
As was said earlier, plan on getting looks. We are different and people either don't like us of want to be us. When I get "looks" I just stop, look them dead in the face and scratch my balls. Usually they look away suddenly. Relax dude. Just park and do your business.
Theres no rest for the wicked

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
  • Im too drunk to taste this chicken-Colonel Sanders
    • Donate
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »
look them dead in the face and scratch my balls.
that sounds like a great sig for someone  :P
Donate to my Beer and Bike Fund
Give a little, or give a little more

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »
look them dead in the face and scratch my balls.

ROFLMAO LOL :P :P
What are you living for?

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 04:22:44 AM »
^omg, that's awesome :D  i need to do it when some old lady is crossing the street with the speed of 10cm/h. if that doesn't make them run the hell away, i don't know what will :P
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »
yea and the f-350 take 2 or 3 spots fuckin piece of shit fords then the worst part is you have to park in their oil spot

im one of those drivers and I dooooooooooooooooo take up 3 sspots. Its always in the back of the parking lot and out of the way if at all possible. 
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »
^at least its in the back not right in the front like most douch bags.  I like to park in the back of the lot to when i go some were with my car so i dont have to worry about some fuck hittin my door with his or her door.

Paulred/black

• 'Nice bike... How fast does it go?' (sigh)
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
  i need to do it when some old lady is crossing the street with the speed of 10cm/h. if that doesn't make them run the hell away, i don't know what will :P

yeah but i dont think your supposed to have a giant smile on your face while doing it cosmo (or a giant thing down your pants!!)