Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Hmm change of heart and a few?s  (Read 5922 times)

Phenominon

• Keep hitin that - Karma =P
Hmm change of heart and a few?s
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
I had last weekend off so i spent some time on the computer looking at race vids. I said that i would never change my bike for raceing on a track nor would i race on a track but the things i saw  impressed me and now ive had a change of heart.

In order to get my bike ready for raceing what parts would i need? Im completely clueless and a list of mods and links would help so i could figure out the amount of money I would be spending. Im riding a bone stock 07 by the way. Any knowledge would be helpful thanks
Dont fuck with me while im living my life

Knightslugger

• FREAK Member
  • You boys like chicken...?
    • The world's most helpful website
Re: Hmm change of heart and a few?s
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
competitive or trackday?

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
Oh jesus...  If I had a nickel for each time I was asked this question, I'd have enough to fund you for your first year!

Bare ass minimum you're looking around $10k just to get ON the track.  Then figure $10k up to $50+k per season... 

All depends on how hard you want to run and how competitive you are.  In my relatively simple program my sponsors and I went through $30-$40k per season.  It's not hard at all.  And that doesn't include the cost of bikes, or prepping them ($20k each) or the tools/trailer/truck (or RV) etc...

Can you race on $3k?  well, if you have a prepped bike, all your safety gear and only run a few weekends with only a single set of tires.  Sure... 

If you want to actually improve?  you'd better have a shit ton of disposable income.
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

Phenominon

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »
Hmm thats alot ... i have a kid on the way so il have to wait a few years darn  :'(

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »
Kiddo on the way at 17-best of luck. Sell the bike and save the money, and save every penny you get...it's expensive my friend.

tankie2ndrtr

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 06:15:01 PM »
-72 Smite ?... you bought a Kawasaki or something ?....
"Fear Naught"

cobes

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
Yeah I didn't spend a whole lot my first 1.5 years.  I def. spent like 20k on the '08 and yeah tires....  If I quit racing I would a lot more money but be miserasble

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
  • Im too drunk to taste this chicken-Colonel Sanders
    • Donate
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
Kiddo on the way at 17-best of luck. Sell the bike and save the money, and save every penny you get...it's expensive my friend.
17 with a kid  :-X , not to be an ass hole but i dont even know why you own a sportbike  :-X i'd do what excat said...like yesterday, then as we say in the navy, carry on smartly  :thumb:
Donate to my Beer and Bike Fund
Give a little, or give a little more

Phenominon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 08:14:22 AM »

Yah i concidered selling the bike as soon as we knew for sure she was pregnant, but she wont let me . Right now i only have about 3k saved up. The worst part about all of this is that I turn 18 in june and than my parents are expecting me to get my own place. Good thing i have a good summer job. i still have 6 and a half months til my child is born so im going to try and save up as much money as i posibly can. I wil probably sell my nice car and just drive my beater. Idk yet tho what the world has in store for me  :'(     lol i shulda just  :jerkoff:

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »
Yah i concidered selling the bike as soon as we knew for sure she was pregnant,but she wont let me
:-X for some reason i really cant fathom that

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
It's not easy man, and it only gets worse before it gets better! Stay smart, and that reason right there is why you shouldn't be out stunting...not for your own well being, but for your kid and your girl. All it takes is going down one time, and....fuck your FAMILIES life up in seek of a little thrill...

That's one of the hardest things to realize is you have a family now, it's not just you anymore.

One tip I would give you, every pay day, go out and buy one of the biggest boxes of diapers you can til you get around 4/5 boxes of one size, then move up to size 2...3.. it definitely helps. Save your reciepts on EVERYTHING you get, especially clothes. Sometimes you'll buy clothes and they'll out grow the damn things before they even get a chance to wear them, take those fuckers back.

It may all sound nickel and dimes now, but when you start adding up the $20 can of formula 2-3 times a month, $180 wk for child care(here in OK that's avg wk rate), $50-60 a month in diapers. Your looking at close to a grand a month just in necessities, then add your 2 week, 4 week, 2 mth, 4, and 6 mth dr appointments and then vaccines, clothes, furniture, toys, car seat, strollers, etc..etc.. My last bill for shots for my son was $680, and this is only his second set (4 mth check up).

BUT they are worth EVERY PENNY, AND EVERY MINUTE IN THOSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS! Just remember that.

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »
 ;D

Phenominon

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
It's not easy man, and it only gets worse before it gets better! Stay smart, and that reason right there is why you shouldn't be out stunting...not for your own well being, but for your kid and your girl. All it takes is going down one time, and....fuck your FAMILIES life up in seek of a little thrill...

That's one of the hardest things to realize is you have a family now, it's not just you anymore.

One tip I would give you, every pay day, go out and buy one of the biggest boxes of diapers you can til you get around 4/5 boxes of one size, then move up to size 2...3.. it definitely helps. Save your reciepts on EVERYTHING you get, especially clothes. Sometimes you'll buy clothes and they'll out grow the damn things before they even get a chance to wear them, take those fuckers back.

It may all sound nickel and dimes now, but when you start adding up the $20 can of formula 2-3 times a month, $180 wk for child care(here in OK that's avg wk rate), $50-60 a month in diapers. Your looking at close to a grand a month just in necessities, then add your 2 week, 4 week, 2 mth, 4, and 6 mth dr appointments and then vaccines, clothes, furniture, toys, car seat, strollers, etc..etc.. My last bill for shots for my son was $680, and this is only his second set (4 mth check up).

BUT they are worth EVERY PENNY, AND EVERY MINUTE IN THOSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS! Just remember that.

Thx for the tips m8 ;D I quit stunting about a week ago actualy lol thats how i got into looking at racing. I bent my front tire up and decided Im done with that . I dont think im quite as nervous as i should be about this whole haveing a kid thing . But I am going to do evrything in my power to make sure my family will have the best life posible.

:-X for some reason i really cant fathom that

She told me that she wouldent let me give up something that i love that much, unless things get way to hard and we need something horibly bad. I talked to dad and he said if it gets to hard he would buy the bike back from me and use it for work again. ( hes a home health physical therapist)
;D and +1 to y'all for the positive insight

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »
i see, im just wondering, was she saying that to be nice, trying not to be a ball and chain, or did she really mean it  ???

Stigo69

• Wish i could get her!!
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:11 PM »
good luck with the little one man!  Hope everything works out for ya