Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Hmm change of heart and a few?s  (Read 6858 times)

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
Re: Hmm change of heart and a few?s
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
Get your priorities in order and understand that "the best life possible" doesn't mean surrounding yourself with shit you don't need.  Love that kid & woman with your heart & soul.  And if you can't love the woman, so be it, but stand by that kid...  And that certainly doesn't mean pissing away every dime you have on frivolous bullshit like bikes or racing...

Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
  • Im too drunk to taste this chicken-Colonel Sanders
    • Donate
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
Get your priorities in order and understand that "the best life possible" doesn't mean surrounding yourself with shit you don't need.  Love that kid & woman with your heart & soul.  And if you can't love the woman, so be it, but stand by that kid...  And that certainly doesn't mean pissing away every dime you have on frivolous bullshit like bikes or racing...

;D
Donate to my Beer and Bike Fund
Give a little, or give a little more

some_guy79

• FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 02:20:18 PM »
this is just to clarify. Jeff's estimates must have been for racing competitively, not track days. Track days will cost much less.
$100 in parts (oil, coolant, filter, do work yourself)
$1000 in safety gear (full leathers, boots, I assume you have gloves and helmet)
$300 - $500 per set of tires
$150 - $250 per day entry fee
$$$ when you crash it to fix the bike and yourself

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »
I'll tell you when the nerves hit me... due date and he still wasn't here. My son was a week late, and I was scared shitless that he was ok, then when we went to the hospital when it was time it crashed down on me. It really doesn't become REAL for a while, not the first day they are here, generally a few days later. Family is all around, and everyone pays attention to the newbie and the mom, and the dad is kind of left out in the dark. A few days later after the new wears off with all the family, and it's just you, your girl, and kid... that is when it gets real. Dealing with a crying baby by yourself, the frustrating late night wake ups, hormones with the girl....that is when it sinks in. If your not afriad to read a little, you may look into the book "The Expectant Father." A lot of good useful stuff in there if you are actually serious about wanting to HELP prepare yourself to be a father.

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
Focus on being a good father. Then go into track riding/racing.

When you do get into the track riding, know your experience level. If your looking at the proffesional races and think it would be fun to get into, then thats great. But what you see on tv is people who have been racing to some extent for most of or all of their life. My advise to you is to sign up for a track day/racing school of some extent. Just remember that these bike can do a lot. They are capable of running fast lap times and hard unforgiveable crashes. If the rider has no or minimal experience, the bike can't do shit. Period! Learn up so you can have fun doing it.
What are you living for?

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
All I have to say is if you keep the bike your taking away from your child unless mommy and daddy will flip the bill for you house and lets not forget all the baby shit. I imagine your not a ceo of a company or make a whole lot of scratch so you need to do what NEEDS to be done not what you WANT.

Phenominon

• Keep hitin that - Karma =P
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »
Focus on being a good father. Then go into track riding/racing.

When you do get into the track riding, know your experience level. If your looking at the proffesional races and think it would be fun to get into, then thats great. But what you see on tv is people who have been racing to some extent for most of or all of their life. My advise to you is to sign up for a track day/racing school of some extent. Just remember that these bike can do a lot. They are capable of running fast lap times and hard unforgiveable crashes. If the rider has no or minimal experience, the bike can't do shit. Period! Learn up so you can have fun doing it.

I didnt wana like race competitively just hit a few track days before I found out how much it would cost.

All I have to say is if you keep the bike your taking away from your child unless mommy and daddy will flip the bill for you house and lets not forget all the baby shit. I imagine your not a ceo of a company or make a whole lot of scratch so you need to do what NEEDS to be done not what you WANT.

Im not a Ceo of a company or anything like that. I make a simple 15$ an hour, but im going to be working on the oilrigs this sumer and give up my nice cushy job so that i can make 35$ an hour. I'm also selling my 02 eclipse for cash, I'm going to do evrything i can for my child.  If i need to sell my bike i will,but not until the time is right. I still have awile till its born and alot to learn and prepare for and im trying realy hard.
Dont fuck with me while im living my life

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
but im going to be working on the oilrigs this sumer and give up my nice cushy job so that i can make 35$ an hour.
:-X i know your not a driller, excat and i used to be roughnecks, i know out here in oklahoma $25 is about top dollar, if i were you i wouldnt expect more than $20 as a green chain hand..... good luck, the way they've got these newer rigs there isnt a whole lot of real work to be done unless your going in or coming out of the hole,  hell 90% of thime i was getting paid to scrub pumps and fuck off on our telehandler  8)

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »
Depends on what state he's living in. Some places are paying top dollar right now for experienced hands, just depends on if your green weather or not you have a way in. I was making $22/hr with 4 years experience. Company I worked for was one of the highest paying in the state, but you didn't have days off. We worked 7 days a week, no days off.

Your right on the new rigs, that's why most places are under hiring freezes, work has slowed down, and with the new rigs, they can run 4 man crews no problem now, as compared to some of the older compound rigs that require anywhere from 5-9 hands depending on size and company they are working for.

, the way they've got these newer rigs there isnt a whole lot of real work to be done unless your going in or coming out of the hole,  hell 90% of thime i was getting paid to scrub pumps and fuck off on our telehandler 

that's why you don't work on a rig anymore.... there's ALWAYS work to be done on a rig, no matter what's going on...what can i say i'm a hardass and i was good at my job...keeping mother fuckers busy, and making sure the job was done right, no matter what.

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

that's why you don't work on a rig anymore.... there's ALWAYS work to be done on a rig, no matter what's going on...what can i say i'm a hardass and i was good at my job...keeping mother fuckers busy, and making sure the job was done right, no matter what.
:P you were prolly a prick motorman or something huh lol i worked for patterson uti, and our rig was 6 months old, 5 man crew.. we busted ass goin in or coming up, hell there was one weekend we were at 9k ft, pulled up to change bits, got back and 20 minutes after the kelly was pumping mud the bit broke and we had to do it all over again, that was the longest 2 days evvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. but we had fun when we were drilling, making bombs in the mud house and shit

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
you were prolly a prick motorman

I've been called much worse. I didn't give a shit what my co workers thought. we went through too many hands to give a shit, too many punk ass kids that just turned 18 thinking they had the balls to come out and do a mans job. we worked short handed for 6 weeks becuase we wouldn't hire anymore people w/o experience. Both my bosses were happy at what I got done on the rig everyday. I had been on that rig since it was new, I helped build the thing from the ground up.

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 01:51:56 PM »
yeah, i hear that

Phenominon

• Keep hitin that - Karma =P
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »
I've been called much worse. I didn't give a shit what my co workers thought. we went through too many hands to give a shit, too many punk ass kids that just turned 18 thinking they had the balls to come out and do a mans job. we worked short handed for 6 weeks becuase we wouldn't hire anymore people w/o experience. Both my bosses were happy at what I got done on the rig everyday. I had been on that rig since it was new, I helped build the thing from the ground up.

Its one of the newer rigs in North Dacota, im not sure that i wil  actualy be makeing that much thats just what i was told. But im not just one of those punk ass kids that just turned 18 =) i have a giant motivation in my life to do what i need to. And it cant be much harder than my old job.
Dont fuck with me while im living my life

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »
And it cant be much harder than my old job.

:P I love it when kids say that.

nut

• Cougar Hunter
  • FREAK Member
    • Donate
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
:P I love it when kids say that.
And it cant be much harder than my old job.
:P  ;D dude when your trippin pipe your gonna wish you were back in school chasin tail, youll be out in -30 weather soaking wet wind howling hands froze and you got to work 30 minutes ago