Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Dakota's Motor Troubles  (Read 3154 times)

PHIL53

• FREAK Member
Re: Dakota's Motor Troubles
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
do a compression test first! It will tell you a lot. You could also do a leak down test too to check the valve guides, although I am with everyone else and suspecting the rings, probably oil scraper ring is worn to shit. with comp ring wear
Excessive oil in breather would say the crankcase is getting pressurized pushing oil out, =bad rings  ;( $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Miami, Sunny Place, Shady People!

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »
Out of necessity to get to Jennings this weekend, I got another motor from Dale (2old) and we put it in tonight. Havent put new fluids in yet so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start it up.

I haven't even bothered with the other motor yet. To be quite honest I don't know shit about the inside of a motor so I just plan to strip it apart following the manual. Well, whenever I get around to it that is...
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:21:07 PM »
Finally opened up the motor a little bit and found what happened. I don't know if you can see it very well in this pic but it looks like the rings disintegrated and tore up the cylinder wall. The piston moves back and forth a bit in the cylinder, which was probably the ticking noise from the piston rattling around in there. I didn't find any pieces of metal in the oil though, even after I used the magnet and screened it.

I'm not sure if honing it will take out the gouges, so this may call for an overbore. Whatever the case may be, it's not going to happen for a while, unless I blow up Dale's motor too...

CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
it took yuo long enough to get to it
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*