Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 1764 times)

excat

• FREAK Member
New to the board
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
Well first off, I'll answer the questions  :thumb:

1.  Boxers/Briefs/Thong/Grannies/Commando: Boxers
2.  Years riding: 3-dirtbike
3.  Biggest mistake in life you've ever made: getting kicked out of high school
4.  Other bikes owned: 2003 CBR600rr; 1997 Suzuki Katana 600 (project); 2005 Honda Reflex 250 scooter <---shhh!   8)
5.  Is synthetic oil better than dino oil? my opinion, depends on application. general car dino (valvoline) higher perf i prefer full synthetic valvoline
6.  When was the last time you lubed your chain? yesterday
7.  87 or 91 octane? 87
8.  Number of crashes? several on dirt bikes
9.  Where is the bank angle sensor located and what does it do? that i don't know
10. Is a cush drive significant to you? i'm illiterate to this
11. Favorite movie:
12. When was the last time you were kicked in the groin? when i picked up my cbr a few weeks ago and was testing my front brakes!   :embarrassed:
13. How do you pronounce "Akrapovic"? want me to call you?
14. Age/Sex/Location    24/Male/Norman, Oklahoma

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm Chris. I'm pretty well new to the sport bike scene. First off, I'd like to say, my spelling sucks, and more so does my ability to catch my typos! Secondly, I've been observing this forum for several months now, and I must say there is an array of intelligent people here, and I look forward to talking with many of you through my bouts in my new hobby.

I bought a 2003 CBR 600rr with 13k on it. It has full Two Brothers exhaust on it, PC III (I think), body lighting kit, tank protector, solo cowl, flush front signals, and led arrow style rear. I have changed the grips on it, and had to put a new rear tire on it due to putting a nail in it pulling in my drive from picking it up! I put a Mich Pilot on it, if I remember correctly. The only other mods I really want to do to it is change out my windscreen, bar ends, and thinking about doing the Halo eyes.

I have several friends that have rode their entire lives, and my best friend and I both went and bought our CBR 600rr's at the same time, this being the first bike he has ever road. They are identical bikes except paint, and his has been lowered. Mine is yellow and his is custom painted burnt orange.

My friend that has rode his entire life, told me a quote that has stuck in my head ever since I picked up my CBR. "There's only two types of riders, a rider that has been down, and a rider that is going down."

My favorite quote from racing and building cars most my entire life is "Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You know you want to hit it, but your afraid of the consequences!" I have a 2007 Chevy HHR which is my family car, bought so I would have something to tote my newborn (Nov. 16th 08) son in, 2005 Nissian Sentra, 1979 Chevy truck, 1983 Chevy z28 Camaro (my baby), and my dad has a 79 Camaro z28 NHRA Pro-Mod drag car.

cosmo

• FREAK Member
Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:28:47 AM »
first, welcome to the forum ;D glad to have one more rr rider around, it's a great bike to have.

second, i hope you know the ideea behind that quote stuck in your head can be reduced to something smalled: always wear gear : P

third, and not least, congrats on your son! may you be proud of him!

well, that should be it. c ya "out there" :D
ps-loved that nitro quote :P
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »
like cosmo said wear your gear, even if its just to run down the street to the gas station thats when it happens the old lady pulls out and WHAM!!! your on your ass. Welcome to the site ;D

quain159

• "Live Real, Be real, ride Hard !"
  • This is me at the hangar years ago
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 07:48:03 AM »
Welcome, chris i'm a chris too..

these guys and gals ROCK.   8)

and ditto, cosmo on the quote, in both statements !!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:49:37 AM by quain159 »
Oh look,  IT'S a BLUUUURR!

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yeah, I always have my helmet on at the very least. I had to promise myself when I did get it I wouldn't make any exceptions. Only exception I've made so far was when I adjusted my chain and took my rear tire off, I live 3 houses down from the stop sign. After I was adjusted and had the rear axle torqued, rode to the stop sign and back in my drive and rechecked adjustment and torque (<--- I'm paranoid about checking things twice).

ian

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
Welcome aboard!

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:57:27 AM »
Welcome!

I love the old Camaro's, more so the late 60's though. My dad had a '67 SS and '69 SS(I think?). He also had a '72 Nova with a 454. Take care of them fellow rider. :thumb:
What are you living for?

quain159

• "Live Real, Be real, ride Hard !"
  • This is me at the hangar years ago
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 03:21:21 AM »
'72 Nova with a 454

no thats a machine i would track!!!!
Oh look,  IT'S a BLUUUURR!

beer

• Hookers & Blow
  • FREAK Member
  • Go Big or Go Home!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:31 AM »
Welcome aboard. I didn't wear my gear all the time whenever I first started riding. After laying it over it changed my perspective on things, if I hadn't been wearing my helmet that day I would have been in the hospital. My head bounced off of the blacktop, now I sport full leathers.

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
Welcome!

I love the old Camaro's, more so the late 60's though. My dad had a '67 SS and '69 SS(I think?). He also had a '72 Nova with a 454. Take care of them fellow rider. :thumb:

AH! A Camaro lover. Here's some trivia for you. What is the one characteristic of the 67 Camaro that sets is out from all of the other?

My favorite is the 69 Camaro. They cleaned it up a little bit more than the 68.

I'll have to see if I can find some pics of my dad's car and put up on here, along with a pic of my bike. 

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
I'll try your Q:  The only thing I can think of is that the '67 had no side light markers. They started that in '68.

I got the years mixed up before. My dad had '67 and a '72 Camaro SS. And his nova was a '69.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:08:31 PM by SilverRider24 »
What are you living for?

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
A: The 67 Camaro is the only year model to come out with a wing window.  :thumb:

bigdcbr600

• Your Daddy
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
Welcome fellow rr'er. Glad to have another aboard. Ride safe and hard. And yeah be careful of the front brakes.....they can cause a little "tension" in your nether regions. HAHA 8)
No....you aren't seeing things, that was me blasting past you

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
A: The 67 Camaro is the only year model to come out with a wing window.  :thumb:

Ahh...ya got me. lol  :thumb:
What are you living for?

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »
Welcome fellow rr'er. Glad to have another aboard. Ride safe and hard. And yeah be careful of the front brakes.....they can cause a little "tension" in your nether regions. HAHA 8)

Well, my first thing to do on ANYthing new, be it bike or car, especially on bikes though, is test the brakes. I HAVE to know how well they work, spongy when they warm up, how sensitive they are, etc. Well, needless to say, they worked like they were brand new, or so the boys down yonder told me!

Speaking of the riding hard, I'm looking at going to a track school once I take my advance rider class. I don't really know about the schools around here in Oklahoma. As I've noticed, this isn't a HUGE sport bike/super sport bike state. A lot of riders I see around here are the ones that give us the high insurance rate, and don't really give a crap about anyone else on the road. i have a select few ppl i will ride with right now, for the simple fact i don't act like a yahoo on the highway, that's why i want to go to the track school. (speaking of ranting and getting side tracked..whew)