Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: ZoomZoom trackday 22AUG08  (Read 2276 times)

Weavefish

• FREAK Member
  • Team RaGnArOk
ZoomZoom trackday 22AUG08
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
latest pic from this weekend. my form is getting there and getting faster....god i love it

I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Woody Allen

ROB619

• Hire a teenager while they still know everything
Re: ZoomZoom trackday 22AUG08
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:42:02 PM »
how did the GPR work for you?
question. i have 0 chicken strip on my tires but cannot for the life of me get my sliders on the deck. wtf?? am i doing wrong?

Thanks to GPR stabilizers

SilverRider24

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »
See you still have your on board camera connected. Gonna have any footage available? Would like too see it.
What are you living for?

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:11 PM »
question. i have 0 chicken strip on my tires but cannot for the life of me get my sliders on the deck. wtf?? am i doing wrong?

Reach for it, your not far I am sure.   Dragging is fun, but just cause your dragging does not mean you can't lean more and go faster.

Looks fun weave, been a while since I was on the track, would love to get back on, but its to addicting and I have a problem with not knowing when to stop till I have spent to much on it then I just have to quite cold turkey and put the street fairings back on the bike.

You may know already, but watch that frame slider, as you get lower it will drag and  lift the rear wheel off the ground.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:37:16 PM by maskale »
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »
great pictures.  I wonder how much more you can go over. 
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

Weavefish

• FREAK Member
  • Team RaGnArOk
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »

worked good so far. im not the best to answer your question seeing as my form is still very much a work in progress. i was kinda a freak, first trackday ever(june 8th, 2 months after buying my bike) and i got my right knee down first... everyone says thats odd. but what i have been taught is:  toes on inside peg(like a bird on a branch), crack on crack(ass crack on the crack of your seat,maybe a bit more if your taller) and head over arm/put on your lipstick(as if you were looking into your bikes mirrors), and rotate inside heel upward(like your on your tippy toes) helped me out a good bit.... i do a bit more than the crack on crack cause it feel more comfortable
Woody Allen

Weavefish

• FREAK Member
  • Team RaGnArOk
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »
great pictures.  I wonder how much more you can go over. 

allot more. learned that the hardway lol

See you still have your on board camera connected. Gonna have any footage available? Would like too see it.

yea works good. you can go to www.youtube.com/weavefish and see some videos need to do some editing and ill get some new ones up...thanks for asking. you need to come out to the track with me!!!

You may know already, but watch that frame slider, as you get lower it will drag and  lift the rear wheel off the ground.

yes im aware of it, thanks though  :thumb: after my last trackday there were a few pics were i was getting close. another reason i wanted to keep the bike as upright as i could lol may just cut em or get different ones in the winter
this is a good exaple of what you were talking about
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:33:58 PM by Weavefish »
Woody Allen

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:13:48 PM »
Lookin' reeeeaal good there Weave!!!

You didn't have to tape your lights?

By the way...the bike looks pretty sweet too.....................for a silver one...
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Weavefish

• FREAK Member
  • Team RaGnArOk
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
thanks Fret  ;D no tape on the headlights....were pretty easygoing here. only need water wetter(not all providers require it) and disconect tail light and turn sigs. i take the fuse out so i have no lights upfront.... ruins the pictures
Woody Allen

Specvpat

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »

I was told it has alot to do with your form or the way you ride. Like Maskale said, just because you don't drag your knee doesn't mean your not fast. Some guys can drag they're elbows and there still not the fastest.(NOT SPIES)

When i started doing track days I couldn't get a knee down and was getting very frustrated. I got an instructor to follow me and he told me I wasn't doing anything wrong. Now I just reach to get that good old feeling of dragging my knee  :thumb:

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »
dragging is easy.  The less I drag the faster I go. 
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*