Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: WTB: Nice tank bag  (Read 3672 times)

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
WTB: Nice tank bag
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »
After getting my suit on and heading out I realized that it has hardly any pocket room.   So if anybodies got one for cheap and is in good shape shoot me a call.   Do they make these with axcess holes for headphones.?
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
Re: WTB: Nice tank bag
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:46:13 PM »
get some saddle bags from the barn .

You know the magnetic wont work well, but i have read that someone was able to use ones that had a magnet on the bottom of it and put it on the gas cap.

There are a few that are made to strap to the rear seat,  that may work better on the RR.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:31:57 PM by maskale »
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

some_guy79

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
Their are a few that are made to strap to the rear seat,  that may work better on the RR.

Tail bag ftw. If you still have those little plastic hooks on the underside of the tail, there are plenty of tail bags that can attach to those. Mine attaches by two bungees with hooks on either side. It doesn't slide around or get in the way. Granted, I'm not able to carry enough for true touring (not that I want to), but it's enough space for a change of clothes and a lunch.

I'm not a fan of tank bags for sport bikes. They seem to get in the way for me.

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:19:15 PM »
the man thing is when im listening to music.  (dont start)  evertime I tuck or get close to the tank I hit pause on the ipod.  Its prob just me being a baby.  but i find it more relaxing when in the twisties.  Everybodies different and im not trying to start a freakin war about whether or not bull shit.  Ive look at some and they are very attractive on the bike plus the magnet would eat the harddrive alive.  
what would you do mask.   buy, bitch, or backpack it.

We dont use saddlebags its an english saddle.  We killed the cowboys long ago thats why they stay in tx.  there too afraid to come up to these parts. English saddles scare em.  
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
so not magnets huh?

Have you seen any that strap to the tank?   I think they make those too.

If its just for the Ipod then sew a pocket to the liner of the suit, if that will not work well enough the sew a pocket to the suit itself, yeah I know its a new suit but sew a hanging pocket in it, so then you will only have stright sew line visible on the outside, like - - - - - -      make sense?

wear a shirt with a pocket, 

lock the Ipod buttons.

we have been recuiting reinforcements, thus the 7 digit plates, when we move up to 8 digit plates we are coming north to claim the land,   be warned. We gave up horses for lifted trucks because we have small members.
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
 8) :P :P :P  WE AINT SCARED!!!!

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:11:36 PM »
I have seen a few bags that attach by suction cups.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:38 AM »
for real change support the fairtax act: fairtax.org

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
that is a really nice tail bag,  thinks its worth the money?   

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »
I am thinking about gettting one, its a shame cause I have two (2) nice tank bags (magnetic) now and saddle bags.
for real change support the fairtax act: fairtax.org

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:55:42 PM »
wow that thing i fucking sweet.  it pricey yes.  I don think that would work for me look where it connects to the undertail. my can would mel that shit in a hurry.  that would be a challange too to get my headphones from there to me.  If you get one please post a review.  they look sweet as fuck

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
did you see their tank bag,   http://axio-usa.com/

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:07 PM »
yeah its freaking big.  the tail looks so much better.  What do you guys think about just using velcro and strap it on the tank.  think it will hold.  its alot cheaper than the bags.

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »
if its just for an ipod I would figure something else out.

can you get a remote for an ipod?

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
dont think so.  Im going to look in to some suction cups.  the dang thing will fit right in the grooves behind the gas cap.