Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: End of the year Report & 2008 plans  (Read 12797 times)

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
End of the year Report & 2008 plans
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »
Well, Here it is...

I finally took the time to look back over the season, and one thing came to mind...
8)  :D  ::) ::)  :-X  :spank:  :'(  that pretty much sums it up...

After missing the first three rounds, and having to skip another because of work, I knew I wouldn't be able to run for points.  So I figured I'd just go out and have a blast racing and maybe get lucky here or there.

The first race weekend I ran turned out to be a good weekend, my best of the year in fact...
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,17314.0.html

My second race weekend was a bit of a mixed bag, between a stupid crash, getting a couple of hole shots, not putting fresh rubber on, and getting punted off the track my last race.  But all at my favorite track, surrounded by family and friends   :thumb:
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,17538.0.html

The third weekend, this is really where my season started to go south...  But I can let you guys in on the reason now, finally (and this plays into my 08 plans as well).
The day prior to heading down, My wife kindly informed me that she is.... PREGNANT ...again , not that this was that unexpected as we had decided to start trying a couple of months prior (if you do the math... well lets just say #12 here: http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,15106.0.html may come into play).  But I just couldn't keep my mind on what I was doing.  I was going down the front straight thinking; more diapers, have to move my office, shift, sleepless nights, shift, bottles, two hour feedings, daycare, CRAP! there goes my breaking marker...  :run:  So I did the "adult" thing and packed-up.
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,17721.0.html

The fourth weekend, well this was just getting old at this point, but it was simply my screw-up with no-one else to blame...
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,17885.0.html

The Fifth weekend, well it never happened and we know how that turned out... Thanks to everyone for the support.
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,18033.0.html  or
http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,18411.0.html

I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to read about my .... issues... for the year, and for your support.
I'd also like to thank Rob, WelldrilleRR, G-reg, Sindrain, Jeyrod, even Jeff and all you guys that I've meet at the track, when we didn't have a blast, we at least had fun... See ya next year!
A HUGE Thanks to my Father, for being my pit crew at all but one race weekend, I couldn't have done it without you!

Put a big thanks out to my sponsors, because without them, an expensive year would become a very, very, very expensive year, to the point of hardship.
Ben and the crew at: Two Brothers Honda.     http://www.twobrothershonda.com/
Rob and the crew at: Lithium Motorsports     http://www.lithiummotorsports.com
Rick Ruelle at: Lockhart Phillips, Team Privateer     http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/

Now, On to my 2008 plans.   :(

I will NOT be racing in 2008... Thats right, I'm taking a year off.  But I'm NOT retiring, I'm not abandoning racing, and I'll still be hitting some track days and a couple race schools without a doubt.
While there is a part of me thats feeling some regret about this decision, I know I've made the right decision (is it 2009 yet?).

This has really come about for a few major reasons, and a million little ones:
1. With a second child (as all of you with kids know) requires a substantial amount of time and money to raise... diapers aren't cheap you know... especially that first year.  That means the "racing fund" takes a bit of a hit and my available free time as well, but rightfully so because in my eyes, family comes first.
2. The recent injuries I've sustained pretty much are going to wipe out the remainder of this years racing fund as well as a large chunk of next years racing fund, but thats the deal with my Wife... ALL racing expenses come out of my race fund, no exceptions.
3. Also after my last accident, my family has requested that not race next year to give them a break.  Frankly I gave a few family members a bit of a scare when I had to be airlifted from the track, and I wasn't exactly thrilled about it either.

But, I will probably show up at a few CCS Midwest race weekends, maybe do some corner working, or just torment a few people.  I might even show up doing some pit-crew work along the way.  And of course I'll be keeping my skills sharp as more than a few track-days next year.
But I'll keep my race license current & my competition number as well, cause, you just never know.... :)

Thanks everyone  :thumb:

Jason -
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

welldrilleRR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
Re: End of the year Report & 2008 plans
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:03:24 PM »
Thanks for the report Jason. It was good to meet you. Best of luck with your future plans. Heal up and keep those track skills honed.
07' rr (race) #71 CCS Thank you sponsors: Sam's well drilling, Lithium Motorsports, Michelin, Rush Motorsports

03' rr (street)

LMsports

• FREAK Member
  • Largest trackside distributor in the Midwest!
    • Lithium Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
Now if you'll only take me up on my offer team Lithium will be all the better. Just picture yourself around all of those umbrella girls on AMA weekends.....
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
712-276-1964
Rob@Lithiummotorsports.com

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »
Thanks for the update Jason. Hope everything goes well for you this coming season! And congrats!
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:37:13 PM »
Thanks guys, I know I'm REALLY going to miss racing, but I'll be back no doubt.

Rob & I will work something out, so look for some Team Lithium race reports next year    :drool: umbrella girls...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »
Good choice Jason...take that time to devote to your family and new baby!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

PHIL53

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
congrats!  ;D 
Miami, Sunny Place, Shady People!

superstocker600

• FNG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
gday mate couldnt find anywhere to post this so thought id ask you! how did you counteract the cut off switch on the side stand when you removed it to put your race fairings on?

oxtar41

• FREAK Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »
pfft hey rob wheres my offer for team lithium!
"The correct octane is the lowest level you can use without predetonation."

locdogg

• Yes its fast, no you can't ride it!
  • FREAK Member
  • Ride red fucker!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »
You're my hero Copper Top...  ;D  :thumb:
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:33 AM »
 :P  I haven't been up in this section for awhile.  I really miss it.

Well I managed to make it the year without racing... but being at the track with no bike/gear really sucks.  And I had to turn down multiple offers to "borrow" a bike and gear and sneak out for a race or two  ::)  Well I'm heading down to blackhawk this weekend to drop off a bike and catch up with some racing friends before the cold and snow set in.

Unfortunately my & Rob's schedule didn't mesh well this year so I wasn't able to give you guys a good look inside the Lithium team... :(
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »
so, think you'll remember where the throttle is after a 1year break?  8)
let us know how it goes in 2009, m8! i'll cheer for you all the way from romania  ;D  :pop:
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
yeah if you dont race next yr im coming to get your stuff
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

LMsports

• FREAK Member
  • Largest trackside distributor in the Midwest!
    • Lithium Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »
No excuses for 2009...Now that you are riding again we'll be sure to drag you around with us. Oxtar, get ahold of me with your 2009 plans and let me know what you are up to.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
712-276-1964
Rob@Lithiummotorsports.com

ian

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
I'm still looking forward to reading more stories about the 2009 season.. how are things coming along?