Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Jason took a trip via hospital!  (Read 18428 times)

hrvat2

Re: Jason took a trip via hospital!
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
Read your policy and see what it covers. Even if most is covered I have a feeling that the deductible will sting. The main thing however, is that in the end you're in one piece  :thumb:

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Yea, I had to write an appeal letter stating that I had no say (DUH... I was unconscious) when they called for the life-flight because is was a possible 'life threatening" situation.  They made it sound like they would cover it with the appeal letter, except for the deductable of course, without a fight.

But yea, the deductable is eating a HUGE chuck out of my race fund...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

hrvat2

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »
Does CCS have insurance to cover any rider injuries and/or property damage? I know this would be ridiculously expensive but last time racing at Beaverun w / WERA (July 8th I think) there was a fellow who crashed and was injured (nothing severe) and there were WERA officials over at his camp area talking pics of his injuries and I think bike damage as well, and then another racer had told me that they had insurance to cover all participants (not sure to which extent). This sounded like b.s. to me because I can not even imagine the premium on such a policy, but who knows  ??? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2007, 02:59:06 PM »
Not that' I've ever heard of, with CCS, WERA, CRA, LRRS, WSMC, etc...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

jeyrod

• Flying Squirrel Racing
  • Flying Squirrel Racing
    • Flying Squirrel Racing
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:38 PM »
I think some track organizations will cover the cost of the trip to the hospital but thats about the most I have ever heard of. It would be terrific if racing organizations could insure participants, but man think what track fees would be then!

Flying Squirrel Racing
Lockhart Phillips USA
Vortex Racing
Amsoil
"I'm so far behind...I think I'm in first."

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
The last update... hopefully

Found out about 4 weeks ago at the first follow up appt after surgery that I had 3 broken ribs on my right side.  That explained why they hurt so damn bad!

Got to get rid of the sling today 8) finally...  but I'm restricted to a max of lifting 10 lbs with my right arm.

Insurance is coming out pretty good, better than I expected!

Overall my right side is still sore, and my right arm is definitely weak.  So I'm looking to be in pretty good condition.

Finally I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you, your support means a lot, I couldn't believe that there were a couple threads started before I was even released from the hospital!
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »
So how are you doing? All healed up now?
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2007, 09:39:54 AM »
Almost,  Ribs are healed - Finally.  My Shoulder is at about 80%, but the last week it's been really sore.  Don't know if it the cold or what and probably doesn't help I've had to snowblow everyday this week except Thursday - and we're suppose to get another 3" today!
But I've got what should be my last appointment - hopefully - with my Orthopedic surgeon next week!
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE