Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Pit Bull Stands  (Read 2938 times)

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
Pit Bull Stands
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:00:24 PM »
They work great and are easy to use. The clearance is tight on the front stand between the fender and the fairing. The rear stand will work with or without spools. $304.00 for both. I will have more reviews when my heated grips arrive.
for real change support the fairtax act: fairtax.org

bobhope

• FREAK Member
  • .....i'm not really an indian
Re: Pit Bull Stands
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:18 PM »
is that supposed to be a product review?    :spank:
"Scotch - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white wine."

-Anonymous

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:16:45 PM »
is that supposed to be a product review?    :spank:

Don't worry...the previous 10 Pit Bull Stand product reviews before this one has what he missed covered...

Still a great stand!!!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:05:04 PM »
            The motorcycle stands are made of high grade tubing with squared-off shoulders giving them the distinctive shape characteristic of a pit bull. The pit bull stands have distinctive gold and red colors that make them unmistakable. They are made in the U.S.A.
   The tubing is sized large enough for any size bike that you would with a stand. The red rubber grip, on the end of the levels, makes it very simple to raise and lower the bike. The caster sets are of ample diameter to roll over small debris you may have missed while sweeping. I like the single caster per side better than the double casters per as some of the competitor use.
   There are many reviews of the rear stand, but I only saw one for the front stand and it was from a previous generation. They cracked there upper fairing plastic using the stand. As I said it is fit tight, but I did not have any problems. With front stand supporting the bike in the steering stem you the ability to remove the fork, which you could not do with fork stands.
   I thought they where just stands and did not need much more review.
In the future I will be sure to give a complete review after checking to see if the product has yet to be reviewed on the present generation model.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:11:55 AM »
There are many reviews of the rear stand, but I only saw one for the front stand and it was from a previous generation. They cracked there upper fairing plastic using the stand. As I said it is fit tight, but I did not have any problems. With front stand supporting the bike in the steering stem you the ability to remove the fork, which you could not do with fork stands.

I remember that one, but the fault wasn't of the stand, it happened to to improper insertion of the pin...it didn't go in all the way!

LOL...feel free to do any product review you want, despite if it's been done before, because everyone has a different perspective and it's nice to read them!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »
I added Goodridge brake lines (5-31-16) I noticed that you need to be sure they are clear before lifting the motorcycle.