Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: MY track bike  (Read 6398 times)

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
Re: MY track bike
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 01:44:11 AM »
Awesome dude!

Wish I could get to the track that often. I have to wait like 3 months in between days (No $$). Lame.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »
Nice video...man...it's amazing all the crappy body positions out there!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
Nice video...man...it's amazing all the crappy body positions out there!

It was a noob day, of the 30 or so riders only about 5 of us had ever been on a track. People were crashing all over the place, lol, hell I crashed my first day.  Mostly people would go into a turn to fast or at least think they are going to fast so then they just get on the brakes real hard and run straight off the track. A few crashed twice. One guy locked up his front tire while turning, it slamed him into the track, and he was out for the count, they life flighted him, but he is ok, just can't remember crashing or about 5 hours prior.
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

alpinestaRR

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »
cool vid  :thumb:

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 02:29:44 PM »
Once again.... I HATE WINTER.... and you suck, just because I can't get on the track for another 2 months  :'(

I am going broke at this rate, but I can't help it.

Welcome to the club   :P
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

alpinestaRR

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »
Once again.... I HATE WINTER.... and you suck, just because I can't get on the track for another 2 months  :'(

Welcome to the club   :P

i don't mind having a winter, helps me save money and i do all the maintenance i didn't feel like doing cause of the nice days  :P

2old2fat2slow

• does your mother know you're a Ramone???
  • FREAK Member
    • DragonKnee Racing
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
Kick ass video Maskale!!! Hey! Is that my windshield you are shooting video through? :P
Let there be Mirth

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
Actually it is a dark one, I bought yours before I ever tried the camera using the dark shield. It looks ok through the dark one so I will just leave it like that. Now I got an extra clear one.
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

Audiofyl

• FREAK Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »
cool vid.  what cam/recording equip did you use?

btw, you're low on fuel...
03 CBR600RR red/black
09 Yamaha Zuma 125
94 Civic EX + boost
05 Golf GLS TDI

blog

flickr

be courteous

Ozjack

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2007, 01:58:42 AM »
Ha, you always are on the track!! She`s a thirsty mule when you thrash her 8)

Something like 32 laps of my favourite track before empty I think...... ::)

locdogg

• Yes its fast, no you can't ride it!
  • FREAK Member
  • Ride red fucker!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 04:44:00 AM »
nice riden buddy!!  :thumb:  ;D
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »
Got some pics, turn 17 only, the only place spectators can take pics. These were taken by a guy that is just getting into photography so they are still free, but we do support him with donations.   Let me know what I need to improve on.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:31:58 AM by maskale »

tonga600rr

• tonga600rr
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
Great Pics!!!  I'm jealous right now.  It's still snowing here in Michigan. My first track seesion isn't untill May.  I just want the snow and ice to melt. Bye the way do you have a slipper clutch installed??  what brand and how do you like it?????

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 11:15:49 AM »
Bye the way do you have a slipper clutch installed??  what brand and how do you like it?????

Yea! Its called 'his left hand' :P
I bet he likes it fine, he has been perfecting it for what, like 26 years or so? :P

Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
cool vid.  what cam/recording equip did you use?

I have a HDD camcorder, the hard drive will not take the vibration from the bike, but the camera does have an SD slot so that is what I used. It is a JVC camcorder, since I was using a SD card I had to have the camera set on economy video setting which gave me about 1:15 on 1Gb SD card.

Low on fuel? Yeah, I dont need a full tank for a half hour session, as long as I have 2 bars showing when I get on the track then I have enough, even when the last bar starts to blink you still have almost a gallon. Not having a full tank is alot less weight to have to flick back and forth at a high center of gravity.

Slipper clutch, No dont have one, like grady said, just the hand.