Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: MY track bike  (Read 6397 times)

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
Re: MY track bike
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »
Sucks you got rained out! But I guess its better that you waited cause I would hate to have to look at more bodywork pics and crash damage so soon.

Your bike looks good man, hope you get clear skies and warm for tomorrow! :thumb:
Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »
It was a great day, 70 degrees and clear skies. Best of all I did not crash and I was really getting a feel for the track.  I am running the standard P. Powers, I put them on for my first trackday, today was my second and I did not think that I would be pushing them this hard this fast, I can feel the front pushing out on some turns.  Well this morning I got some free P. Race tires, with lots of life left in them, I could not believe the guy was giving them away. So I will get those put on for my next trackday on 3/3.

Grady I did not crash but I do have some fairing damage to show you guys.

Glad my sliders are short, cause they might have been draging too.  I drug my fairings on the left side just under the case cover.

It's probably common but for a new guy at the track it makes you feel good.

I did not relize how much throttle you could give while coming out of a turn. In the morning I would be coming out of the trun just bearly starting to crack the throttle open and somebody would go flying by me. I know he has more experience, tires and suspension but I began to think, well if he can come out that turn that fast I should be able to give some more throttle.

Eg.

On the back straight my top speed in the first session was 120. As the day went on and I started to get on the throttle sooner and harder I was able to pick my top speed up to 150+, along with brake later and go into the next turn faster.

Here what my questionaire will look like now.

1.  Boxers/Briefs/Thong/Grannies/Commando:  Bicycle shorts under my leathers.
2.  Years riding: 2 trackdays
3.  Biggest mistake in life you've ever made: Not getting to the track sooner.
4.  Other bikes owned: 250r
5.  Is synthetic oil better than dino oil?  Still running the GN4
6.  When was the last time you lubed your chain? Yesterday
7.  87 or 91 octane? Still running the 87, bike runs good on it so why change.
8.  Number of crashes? 1
9.  Where is the bank angle sensor located and what does it do? Tie wired to my fairing stay, saved my motor when I did number 8^.
10. Is a cush drive significant to you? Before I did not think so, but it is now.
11. Favorite movie: Ummm, any movie that is worth watching.
12. When was the last time you were kicked in the groin? About 3 years
13. How do you pronounce "Akrapovic"? I no how to say Yoshimura, so thats good enough.
14. Age/sex/location 27, not if it will interfere with a trackday, TX.

Guys, if you have not been to a track, GO, you will love it.

Thanks all you guys for the pics that really got me thinking about the track and everything else that I have learned from 'yall'.    +1 to everyone here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:14:41 PM by maskale »
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »
Nice track accommodations...they actually have tents for you!!! I've never seen that before!

The track grounds are VERY nice. Part of the trackday is they feed us lunch and I must say it is very good food and plenty of it.  They have garages and shops to help you with what ever support you need, the tents have power outlets to run your warmers and what ever else you want. You can also rent a garage to keep your bikes/cars in and set up what ever equipment you want in them. There are all kinds of sports cars there, most are in garages but some are just parked outside. I am talking about Porsche's, Vets, 350Z's, Benz's and lots of others, they just have them parked there with the keys in them.  WTF, that is where they sit until the owner comes around and takes it for a spin.

You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 09:15:58 PM »
I'll take a rainy track day over what I did today.... took me 5 frick'in hours to snow-blow my driveway and side walk because we got 38" of snow...

Nice faring scrape, now get your body off the bike and lean it less.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
Awesome bro!
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »
Dude, I like your intro. It is quite obvious that you now have track time running through your veins. I can just see you hunched over in your garage next winter, with the shakes cause you havent been on the track in 6 weeks, with a dremel tool, trying to shave material off the frame. Just trying to squeeeze out that last little bit of hp....

Congrats man! :thumb:
Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 01:29:53 AM »
Nice faring scrape, now get your body off the bike and lean it less.

Working on that.

I am getting my ass off but most of the time I catch my self doing the twisting motion and leaving my upper body only about half way leaned off. I know I am doing it and I know how I should be so I just need to focus on actually doing it.   Things come at you so fast on the track, and soooooooooo much more info to process and things to do all at the same time.

Roll off throttle, hard on the brakes while blipping and down shifting,  sliding off the bike to the inside, checking refrence points and looking through your line. It gets pretty intense............. I love it.

I switch to GP shifting, its pretty nice, very easy to upshift while coming out of a turn.

Ozjack

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:54 AM »
That`s a bit of a wierd scrape, too. My own scrapes have been at the very top, angled piece of bodywork. The Ten Kate bikes of the same years also sport it in the same spot as mine. To get a scrape like that looks to be a "bottom out" type scenario. Either that, or you need to adjust your suspension sag/springs etc...
If it is a genuine lean scrape, looks like you`re well on your way to another "mishap" lol. :(

Also looks like the trackdays have rejuvenated your love for the bike(I get that too...) :P 8) :drool: :thumb: ;D

tonga600rr

• tonga600rr
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »
Nice jobon the bike.  I'm still working on my "03" making it into a track bike.  I pick up the body work form a friend of mine who does auto painting.  I will have to post some pics soon when it's done.  I'm jealous that you've alreay been out of the track.  It's still snowing and only in the low 30's here in Michigan.  I can't wait to for warm weather and get this bike on the track.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 11:09:18 AM »
With you on that one Oz!

Weird place for a scrape...was thinking suspension set up and body position myself...and completely agree about a pending "mishap!"

There weren't any center dividers were there...because that's almost the same kind of scrape I got when I went up the divider.

You're making me jealous with this track time maskale...glad you had fun!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »
I have had the front suspension upgraded and had everything professionaly set up for me. So I think more blame would fall on me than the suspension. I know my body postion need some work, I am getting my ass of but need to get my upper body down and on the inside more. Also I think I am asking alot out of the front, several of the turns on the track are decreasing radius, so given your body position is good you either have to slow down or turn in more near the apex, both of which require more from the front, and I can feel the front slipping on me.

The body work is GP Conposite that I got used from a racer. That scrape is an area of the lower that I repaired because it was worn through, I thought the damage was from a lowside of his, but maybe he was also draging the lower there all along, and could therefore be a result of the way the lower is made.   ???  SEe the part in the yellow is where I had to patch it up.

I will be out again on 3/3 with some different tires, and I hope to get some action shots along with working on my BP.

Only action shot I have so far, I may get more, I'm in front.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:52:46 PM by maskale »

1000hio

• Newbies
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »
Glad to hear the weather was better on day 2! Sounds like you got bit by the track bug. :thumb:

hairbag

• FREAK Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »
Glad someone gets to have all the fun.
Hairbag

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
What kind of track day was it? Organization or track-run? Seperate classes or open?

Cool action shot BTW
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 12:29:06 AM »
3/3 trackday vid. Uploading a vid takes alot of res. away. ??? You guys got any tips on uploading?   Next trackday 3-24, BTW, I am going broke at this rate, but I can't help it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v661/maskale/?action=view&current=3-3-07NoobDay.flv