Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: MY track bike  (Read 6399 times)

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
MY track bike
« on: February 17, 2007, 09:20:08 PM »
Well thanks to you guys I am converting my RR to a track bike. I have been working on my used and rashed/broke bodywork since last weekend, I should be done tomorrow with the paint. I will keep adding pics as I get stuff put on, should be all done by the 23rd, on the 24th I have a trackday and then another one on 3/3. Once I get done the only signficant mod. left will be getting the rear shock reworked. I have Race Tech springs and gold valves in the forks already. 

The bodywork was rashed up, had holes and a broke off mid. I did not get any pics before I started repairs but these are after the fiber glass repair. There were previously primed and painted, that is why you see all the colors.

Not much to show now, but it is coming together.

This section was caved in, I had to cut out old glass add new and sand my ass off, the red stuff is body filler, used it help smooth it out.

On top of the tail was a hole.

The lowers had holes and rash, a few cracks. The mounting holes toward the front were riped out, so I had to redo them. Also had to remake the mounting tab that is behind the kickstand

Grady, these are case covers, I hope they will keep the last pic from happening again, cause it already cost me one engine.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:24:14 PM by maskale »
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

alpinestaRR

Re: MY track bike
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
lookin good  :thumb:

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:13:22 PM »
Thanks maskale!
I hate that you ripped up your bike like that. It didnt sound like it was too bad when you first posted the evening you wrecked.

Ouch!!!

Preciate the case cover info!   :thumb:
Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:04 AM »
That's a good start...keep up the good work.
"There but for the grace of God go I"

h2o_motorsports

• You Race Em' We Paint Em'
    • H2O Motorsports You Race Em' We Paint Em'
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »
Lookin good.  Good job with the fiberglass repairs.  Good luck with the paint if you have any questions or concerns feel free to call any time.
Jon Waters
H2O Motorsports
www.h2omotorsports.net
h2omotorsports@gmail.com
262-490-9801

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »
I got it all painted now. I was going to do red and black, but today was just not a good day. I had a killer headach, but I am running out of time so I have to get it done so I just went with all black. I used Fussion spray paint, it worked pretty good, and the tip sprayed flat verus round. I tried the H2O spray paint, that shit sucks, dont ever buy that for anything. I sprayed the tank with it, I had to start all over and sand it all the way back down to primer.
This has been a crash course for me in track bodywork, now comes fitting it up. The way the back of the lower is made when the kickstand is up the lower goes around it and then bolts up. So the kick stand it inside the lower. WTF. I am going to bust out the jigsaw and redo that lower.

Grady, check the date stamp. The pic of the busted motor is old. My lowside at the track only did fairing damage and scratched up the left case cover, which I replaced with the woodcraft one.

Need some help now though, where are you guys putting your BAS, it looks like there are two small lugs under the tach that could be tapped and the BAS bolted to it. It looks as if they are made for that, if so Honda should have tapped them.

Right where this one is, is where it looks like it could be bolted, is that where you guys put it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:22:03 PM by maskale »
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »
Looks good.
You can always spray the red over the black later.

Right where this one is, is where it looks like it could be bolted, is that where you guys put it.

Yep, that's the spot, I just drill & tapped the ones on my 03.  On my 05, they are just drilled and zip-tied on.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

1000hio

• Newbies
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 08:43:35 PM »
looks good. I have been working on my 05 as well. Good luck.

hairbag

• FREAK Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 08:52:31 PM »
I'm sure that will provide you with some excitement. Looks good.
Hairbag

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 01:10:42 AM »
I like the bike 1000, white just jumps out and slaps you! Red wheel trim is a nice touch!
Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

1000hio

• Newbies
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:18:50 AM »
It's primered gray. I'm thinking about white, sliver, and black. I'd like to find some case covers like Maskale has. They look good.

blindkiller

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »
nice lookin bikes  :thumb:

the cracked case reminds me of my first time gettin hit by a car and that nut in the middle of the case cover was gone and so was the clutch to the point of seeing the crankshaft  ::) i aint got a clue how the engine survived that one and a few gears needed replacing...gah that sucked. Keep up the good work   ;D
:thumb: temper pedic mattresses don't have shit on cinderblocks and cardboard

" To reach manhood, we are all cast into the fire and are purified by pain."

maskale

• FREAK Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
Well the tracday was put off till tomorrow. I put about 3 laps in but was real uneasy. Of the 30 or so riders only about 5 of us even suited up and went out.

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »
Jealous. Still saving to buy a track-only CBR....
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
Nice track accommodations...they actually have tents for you!!! I've never seen that before!
"There but for the grace of God go I"