Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: 1st gear  (Read 48019 times)

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
Re: 1st gear
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:23:56 AM »
grasshopper, quit playing..
I know why you need all that low end torque... 

Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

grasshopper

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »
bahahahaha!  :P

I'm of the opinion that motorcycling is dangerous
all the way around. Whereever you are, Alley, City
street, parking lot, highway. Even without other
cars, the roads have sooo many hazards...

BUT,

if you tell me you've never hit an empty country road
and opened your throttle up to see what it does, I won't
believe you. You would probably ride a Harley if acceleration
was not part of your thrill, not a sport bike.

Oh well,

Again, thanks for the info on the bike, all

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
I think this thread needs a new home, being that he's basing his purchsing decision on how fast a bike can go in first gear...there's so much more these machines have to offer...
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Grady

• FREAK Member
  • http://www.sportbikefunnies.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »
ohhhhh man. That sucks grasshopper. Your sincere search for information has been deemed worthy of the 'Stupid Questions' section.

Yikes.   :'(
Cherry as in mint or as in cherry red. And if cherry red, wine cherry, wild cherry, black cherry, or mint cherry? Actually do you have some mint tires in minty green, or mint & chip?  ;D

Body Check

• Who moved my cheese?
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
I think this thread needs a new home, being that he's basing his purchsing decision on how fast a bike can go in first gear...there's so much more these machines have to offer...

Fret,

I agree.  If someone is worried that shifting gears is too much of a hassle, then a sport bike is probably a bad pick.  I think a Vespa is probably the best way to avoid the terror of having to shift gears by all by yourself.

Whatever bike our friend chooses, I say get a good lock!

:thumb:

The Loma Prieta quake of 1989 wasn't even a wake up call, it was more like a snooze alarm.  San Francisco sits on a time bomb.  When the mega-disaster earthquake hits, the city will be in ruins.  

-History Channel, "San Francisco Earthquake" (2006)

snakeman

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »
 we're not all old farts on here trying to bring you down,  we're just giving some friendly advice,we just make it sound smart ass,   if you ride hard, just use your common sense,and do it away from others..  and dont do 90 in 1st and then back off the throttle......

howie23

• no worries
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:14 AM »
yeah, what they said, endswapper
fnord

blindkiller

• FREAK Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »
sorry dude i was never attracted to the speed. i was attracted to the raw power of a sport to avoid a wreck, aswell as the brakes. My whole reason for buying a sport bike was to enjoy riding with other people with two wheels and knowing that im doing something that puts my life on the line every time i leave my driveway and theres otherse that i can realate with. I got into a nasty tank slapper and what do you know i popped the clutch stablilized the bike and kept going without breaking a sweat because i understand alot of aspects of a sport bike. in less than a year of riding i found my interest and that was corners, not to say there arent other interests for other people you just have to realize riding on the street can get you killed at any moment. unfortunately for me in florida aint a lotta hills but theres nice smooth decreasing radius corners that push how well you can judge what the bike can do and be going 30 miles an hour. And one road in particular that has 15 corners in less than a mile and most of them you'd be going off the road if you were going any more than 50 miles an hour and the speed limit is 25. And i wouldnt even go there unless it was 11pm-4am simply because i wanted to be as safe as i could and still enjoy my ride. Like hair bag said re-evaluate the way you ride. And thank god if your gonna be doing all this atleast your wearing gear and giving yourself the best chance for stupidity on a motorcycle. Good luck, ride safe.
:thumb: temper pedic mattresses don't have shit on cinderblocks and cardboard

" To reach manhood, we are all cast into the fire and are purified by pain."

bikesrme21

• FNG
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 09:35:31 PM »
i don't know the speed limit is 65 where i live.

JustFileIt

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 08:58:59 PM »
Don't do that shit around my area!  I'm getting tired of catching shit because of people like this ONLY because I'm on a "crotch rocket".  That's usually as some Hog fuck is preparing to split my lane to start shit.  I just want to ride, people like this give us all a bad rep.    :embarrassed:   :'(

Theotherone

• 2003 CBR600RR, 2004 CRF "fiddy" stunt edition!
  • Newbies
  • More negative Karma please!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 10:54:55 PM »
I'm not sure how straight line acceleration to at or just over the
speed limit is more dangerous than any other
two wheel endeavor, but....okay.

My headstone should read:

"At least he died fast...."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!  K++++++++  for that one
I'm the kind of guy fathers warn their daughters about!!!!!

[/u

fadi

• FNG
  • VROOOOOOOOOM
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 08:23:22 AM »
 :) Let him ride..That will be one less idiot on the road when the ball drops

Flapjack_Peso

• Professional Badass
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 02:01:39 AM »
:) Let him ride..That will be one less idiot on the road when the ball drops

Though I would usually agree, In this case I request someone go steal his bike, or slash his tires.  When he turns into a grease spot on the road all he is going to accomplish is raising our insurance... 

and I am sorry, 90mph in first, mabye 90kph.  My 3000GT only hits 90 in THIRD, I know it is a car, but seriously dude think before you speak or at least do some research and keep some people frmo think you are a fool...

justo706

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 01:14:36 PM »
Ok well. The CBR will get you to those speeds and quickly you just need to know how to proficantly change gears. If you just want to stay in first all day go ahead and blow your engine. Thats on any bike. But if you want to get from 0-80 in a good 3,4 seconts then be ready to change gears. You sound like you dont know how to ride a bike.
7/24/2007> 2007 CBR600rr Red/Black

Noobodometer: 342 Miles

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »
Ok well. The CBR will get you to those speeds and quickly you just need to know how to proficantly change gears. If you just want to stay in first all day go ahead and blow your engine. Thats on any bike. But if you want to get from 0-80 in a good 3,4 seconts then be ready to change gears. You sound like you dont know how to ride a bike.

Coming from a guy that updates his "noobodometer" several times a day.

:P  :P
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net