Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: How to install frame sliders  (Read 20621 times)

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
Re: How to install frame sliders
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »
An easier way to find center is to get a spare bolt that fits in the frame hole with the same treads and cut the head off and mill it to a point then screw the bolt in the hole so just a little of the point sticks out past the frame.  Then put the fairing back on and push it into the point of the bolt. take the faring back off and there will be and indent that is your center.  That is how i did it and it seemed to work really nice. I also put some vaccum hose arount the egde just to dress it up a little I was very pleased with the results.  o yea this is on a 08 600rr

eneffex

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
I'm trying to install come cut sliders right now and when trying to remove the right side engine bolt, its pretty tough will I need a breaker bar or just put in some more elbow grease?  I just don't want to strip the thread, I have both wheels on race stands while doing this as well.  Any tips?

Also the manufacturer says 35 lb.ft. of torque while the torque thread said 40lb.ft. what should I go with?  Thanks!

btw this is on 03 600RR

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
There is a nut on the other end of the right side engine bolt. You'll need to loosen that, either with muscle or a breaker bar. You can also try putting a piece of pipe over the handle of your ratchet/wrench and using that for some extra leverage.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

eneffex

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14:11 PM »
There is a nut on the other end of the right side engine bolt. You'll need to loosen that, either with muscle or a breaker bar. You can also try putting a piece of pipe over the handle of your ratchet/wrench and using that for some extra leverage.

are you talking about where I would insert the hex bolt?

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »
On the stock mounting bolt on the right hand side, the bolt needs and allen key to loosen it. However, instead of screwing into the motor mount like on the left side, this bolt goes through the motor mount and is held in place by a nut on the other side, above the coolant reservoir.

You'll need to hold the nut in place and crack the bolt loose, or hold the bolt in place and crack the nut loose. Depends on which is easier for you to get to with your given tools. Don't forget to loosen the pinch bolts on the frame as well, otherwise it's going to be REALLY tough to get off.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

eneffex

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 01:40:29 PM »
On the stock mounting bolt on the right hand side, the bolt needs and allen key to loosen it. However, instead of screwing into the motor mount like on the left side, this bolt goes through the motor mount and is held in place by a nut on the other side, above the coolant reservoir.

You'll need to hold the nut in place and crack the bolt loose, or hold the bolt in place and crack the nut loose. Depends on which is easier for you to get to with your given tools. Don't forget to loosen the pinch bolts on the frame as well, otherwise it's going to be REALLY tough to get off.

thanks for the clarification, where are the pinch bolts located?

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »
The pinch bolt is located on the frame, perpendicular to the motor mount bolt and facing towards the front of the bike, and is just below the motor mount bolt. It 'pinches' the bolt head into the frame to help keep it from backing out. 
CCS FL #308

eneffex

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »
Someone on this forum gave me the nice tip of loosening the pinch bolt before the engine bolt so you dont use a breakbar or mucles too much =)

The pinch bolt is located on the frame, perpendicular to the motor mount bolt and facing towards the front of the bike, and is just below the motor mount bolt. It 'pinches' the bolt head into the frame to help keep it from backing out. 

so here is a little picture and my end results haha.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:50:22 PM by eneffex »

nick455

• FNG
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 01:02:58 AM »
Oh these are some nice steps for installing the frame sliders.Thanks for sharing with us.