Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Alaskan Racing....bring weed eater  (Read 984 times)

Spudzilla

• FREAK Member
  • "Ride black fucker"
Alaskan Racing....bring weed eater
« on: August 25, 2006, 08:43:20 AM »
Need special weed-n-grass slicks up here.

Tanacross Tanker Bass about 350miles north of Anchorage. 

This is an old B.L.M. airport.  The interior regions of Alaska have fires nearly every summer and this airport is used to refill tanker planes with fire retardents and water.  We use it as a race track.  The Fairbanks Racing Lions organization, obtains a permit from the B.L.M., every summer, allowing us the use of this facility.

Racers travel from Anchorage, Fairbanks, and other places throughout the state, to race here. 

We ride our asses off during the day and tell big fat lies around the campfire(s) at night.  ;D Its a total blast.  No cars, no cops, and no speed limits.  Hell, some of us even bring our favorite shooting utencils. 

If any of you are ever in the area, stop by.
"I live so far north, if I took a shit in the woods, and it rolled away, it would be headed south" - Deep Thoughts by Spud

05' CBR600RR #88 - Tanacross - Alaskan Roadracing   www.akroadracing.com

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Re: Alaskan Racing....bring weed eater
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »
That looks like a rough track to be riding on! I guess you wouldn't have to blame your tires if you went down there! :P
"There but for the grace of God go I"

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:07:54 AM »
Its like riding on the street without other cars and the traffic laws, look like fun. 

Have you been able to hit any of your moving targets as they go by at a 100++.
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

Spudzilla

• FREAK Member
  • "Ride black fucker"
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 04:59:12 PM »
Its like riding on the street without other cars and the traffic laws, look like fun. 

Have you been able to hit any of your moving targets as they go by at a 100++.

Hell yeah.  You've really got to lead those targets when tripple didgets come in to play  8)
"I live so far north, if I took a shit in the woods, and it rolled away, it would be headed south" - Deep Thoughts by Spud

05' CBR600RR #88 - Tanacross - Alaskan Roadracing   www.akroadracing.com