Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Video of myself trying to get my knee down....and failing.  (Read 1719 times)

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
  • Canadian living in TAIWAN.
Video of myself trying to get my knee down....and failing.
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:09:34 AM »
I spent some time putting different vids together and editing.....and I like this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJ6iWk7pUk
Don'tSpit,Swallow.The protein content in that wad is the equivalent to a medium size pork chop-Oprah

cobes

• FREAK Member
Re: Video of myself trying to get my knee down....and failing.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:16:19 AM »
I used to try and get my knee down thinking oh my god you have to be leaned over so far.  Then once I started racing it just happens when you go faster.  Now I drag my knee on the warm up and cool down lap not even thinking about it. 

Don't try to lean too far off it would suck to low side there.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:57:45 AM »
LOL...I like the on-board lessons.

I'm also glad I misread the title of this thread and it's "and failing" not "and falling" like I thought it read.
"There but for the grace of God go I"

RedlineX

• FNG
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
How do you like the Ninja 650?  :thumb: My friend has one 06  and it didnt impress me that much.....
Dont stop squeeing the throttle untill you see God..... Then count to 3 then brake!

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »
How do you like the Ninja 650?  :thumb: My friend has one 06  and it didnt impress me that much.....

It has short gears and lots of torque. So it does what it was made to do....delivers a lot of fun in a short distance. On the CBR you need a higher speed road with some bends to really have fun (and in America you have plenty of those), In Taiwan the roads are a bit too small/low speed for the CBR, but the Ninja is right at home. It also has a very low center of gravity....one tester commented that it handled like a scooter (in a good way). The suspension sucks though....but once I get that sorted out....it will be the same kind of bike as a Ducati Monster.

The Ninja 650R is also cleaning up at the race tracks. Even though the Suzuki SV has more power.....the Ninjas are constantly beating them.
Don'tSpit,Swallow.The protein content in that wad is the equivalent to a medium size pork chop-Oprah

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 06:17:04 PM »
Glad I stuck with all 13+ minutes! That part with the Ducati was sweet.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »
Glad I stuck with all 13+ minutes! That part with the Ducati was sweet.

Yeah, I didn't think I'd like riding a Ducati....but I did. After riding the Ducati I got on the phone trying to find suspension upgrades for my bike. I found some...now I'm just trying to figure out if it's cheaper to order them from America or buy them out here. I think once my bike has some suspension upgrades.....I'll really start to kick some ass on it.

Bounce

• FREAK Member
  • Will work for track time.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
"...they have a dry clutch....so they always sound kinda clunky to me..."

lol!!

First time I rode a Duc...a buddy with a 998-powered ST4S tossed me the keys.  I fired it up...and immediately shut it off....because I was just SURE there was something wrong with it.

I kept expecting that clutch to grenade and go through my ankle, but of course, that's just how Ducatis sound.  Once I started to ride thing, I was in love.

There's just something about the high-end European bikes like the Ducati, Aprilia, MV Agusta, etc that you don't get with the Japanese bikes.  The Jap bikes are incredible, light, fast, powerful, technologically advanced, and dirt cheap...but there just isn't any soul.

In my book, there isn't much better aesthetically than a 916.  One day, I want one to put on display in the living room.   :drool:

Russell
'03 CBR600RR - track
'03 Tuono - Street
'01 DRZ400S - Dirt/street

If you love your motorcycle, set it free.  If it comes back, you've probably highsided.

hagrid...

• Knockturn Alley
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 12:02:50 AM »
That was fun watching that video... It reminds me of just how much of kids we really are... Let's all go down to the favorite corning and play...  What not!  All the hate in the world, can't we all just go down to our favorite corning and play with our bikes... Just just good clean fun...

Hagrid...
You'll never see a U-Haul behind a hearse, so have fun now!