Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Dealer on 4000 mile warranty, used non honda oil, bike is 7 degrees hotter  (Read 21640 times)

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
I'm location outside of Chicago---
On my 2006 orange cbr, I have 4,000 miles, I must go riding, because I must have 10,000 miles on by this
summer.  I just don't have time to debate ----I have spent my life fighting----
now it is time to ride. 

God Bless----be safe, and stay cool (and keep your engine cool)

Oooooohhhhhkay?  :-X
"There but for the grace of God go I"

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
My dealer said not many people can get more then 20,000 miles on a CBR----

I was under the impression that this bike would last me for 20 years. 20,000 mi seems a little low for the life of a bike like this.
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

hairbag

• FREAK Member
After 27 years working for a major Global oil company with deep roots in moto GP racing, formula 1 racing and has the number 1 & 2 selling brands of motor oil in the US I'll say this----unless you had your bike in a lab with very controlled conditions "you can't tell 7 degrees differance in operating temp".... Oil does cool. It also cleans, seals, lubricates and protects. As long as you choose a motor oil that meets manufactures warranty specs (API, GF & vis) thats all thats required. I would also say that a little less time watching the temp gauge would make you a safer rider. Instead of worrying about the 7 degrees just remember to chnage your oil and filter regularly as recommended in the owners manual. See ya.
Hairbag

mytribalRR

• Newbies
Food for thought...on an average summer day...at idle...my bike gets up to 228-230 (easily...that's with the fan crankin' too) and at freeway speed I'm luck if the bike gets down to 180ish...that's if I'm just puttering around...the temp is hotter if I'm pushing it...should we only ride on cool days for optimal performance and longevity, or should we strap on a window fan and run it constantly on hot days?

What about the people who race during the sweltering summer months...I'd bet a dollar you're putting more thought to this so called temperature issue than most people who race...
My bike runs excactly the same temps and I use fully synthetic motul 1. Maybe I should keep my rpm's down below 5K  :P because If what he says is true about only etting 20K miles Im gonna be pissed!!! Ive put 9k on my bike inless than a year...so my bike is dust in another year...God no!!!! :jerkoff:

locdogg

• Yes its fast, no you can't ride it!
  • FREAK Member
  • Ride red fucker!
uuuhhhhhh yeeeaaaahhh!!! oil? what oil? just ride the fuckin bike its under warrenty!!!
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

yellowcar

• FREAK Member
I'm still working on installing a secondary fan, I real feel it can help on those hot summer days when the
temp is over 100 degrees. 

You are right, I have a warranty----and I purchased the extended warranty on ebay, for $369, an the
dealer wanted over $500.  It will give me over 3 years----if the dealer is correct, that he has never
seen a CBR 600rr with more then 20,000 miles, then the warranty will pay off----I hope to set a record
for the most miles on a CBR 600rr----unless I get into a crash first----

jeyrod

• Flying Squirrel Racing
  • Flying Squirrel Racing
    • Flying Squirrel Racing
I didnt know you could buy a warranty on eBay. Thats interesting.
Flying Squirrel Racing
Lockhart Phillips USA
Vortex Racing
Amsoil
"I'm so far behind...I think I'm in first."

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
if the dealer is correct, that he has never seen a CBR 600rr with more then 20,000 miles, then the warranty will pay off----I hope to set a record

Dude!!! If you change your oil and do the routine maintenance and don't total it, the bike will last over 100,000 miles, maybe 200,000 if you keep the running temperature 32 degrees fahrenheit...

mytribalRR

• Newbies
Dude!!! If you change your oil and do the routine maintenance and don't total it, the bike will last over 100,000 miles, maybe 200,000 if you keep the running temperature 32 degrees fahrenheit...

What dealer told you this...I want to call and ridicule him.... :D :pop:

locdogg

• FREAK Member
  • Ride red fucker!
ur supposed to change the oil on these things?? oooppss!!  ???
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

mr. bojangles

• 05 600RR black
    • myspace
I have been running KY jelly through my bike lately and could not ask for a better lubricant.  Word to the wise though,  if you use the warming sensation it WILL run 11.6 degrees hotter.   :thumb:
WARNING: RIDER MAY BAIL AT ANY TIME!!!!!

locdogg

• FREAK Member
  • Ride red fucker!
I have been running KY jelly through my bike lately and could not ask for a better lubricant.  Word to the wise though,  if you use the warming sensation it WILL run 11.6 degrees hotter.   :thumb:
:P :P :P

bikesrme21

• FNG
I like to put a little water in my oil to keep it cooler. :thumb:

duckhunter

• Newbies
Re: Dealer on 4000 mile warranty, used non honda oil, bike is 7 degrees hotter
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
I like to put a little water in my oil to keep it cooler. :thumb:

I just pack my radiator with ice.   Doesn't last long but it sure keeps it cool!

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
Re: Dealer on 4000 mile warranty, used non honda oil, bike is 7 degrees hotter
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:01 AM »
I just pack my radiator with ice.   Doesn't last long but it sure keeps it cool!

Who is this guy!!!??? 1st post is sarcastic and in the stupid question section...he'll fit in just fine! :P