Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Race Report #3 - Mid America 5/27-28  (Read 5111 times)

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
Race Report #3 - Mid America 5/27-28
« on: June 01, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

jeyrod

• Flying Squirrel Racing
  • Flying Squirrel Racing
    • Flying Squirrel Racing
Re: Race Report #3 - Mid America 5/27-28
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:51 PM »
Good to hear you got the bike going again.  Sorry to hear that was your meatball. I never saw the number just the flag as I passed underneath. Look forward to seeing you at Blackhawk.

Jeyrod
CCS #317
Flying Squirrel Racing
Lockhart Phillips USA
Vortex Racing
Amsoil
"I'm so far behind...I think I'm in first."

sasrocks

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
nice report!  glad you gained a measure from the track that apparently has been your nemesis.

Our canpy got tweaked in the storm and the wind was too strong to use it Sunday so we baked a little. it was my first race weekend and I  just tried to learn the ropes.  I did make a couple of mistakes on the starts but hopefully learned from them.

I went with 15-45 gearing and I think turned a low of :43.3 or something.

With those times do you think a set of 002 with 2 practice sessions and 4 sprint has enough life for some more sprints at HPT?  I want to err on the side of leaving some meat on the bone instead of paying for bodywork.

anyway sorry for the thread jack.  best of luck this year.

Tim
#815 AM

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:16:42 PM »
That's about what I get out of a set of tires and I'm running them a good bit harder than you are.  I'd say you could easily get through practice with them and maybe 1 sprint.

Just replace the rear.  The front will last you for 2-3 rears.  Shit, I JUST replaced the front tire and that was from Gingerman last year.  I think I had like 15+ races on it plus a ton of practices.

Are you going to be at BHF next weekend?  If so, come see me (and remind me who you are.  I have the worst time with 20 people coming up each weekend.  well, that and my old age. LOL)

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:44 PM »
Wow, an acceptable weekend at MAM! After hearing about the Rain, Hail & Wind I'm almost glad I went to R.A. instead...
Was Phil Racing or just down to heckel you & help out Dean?  And how did you talk Edgar in changing tires, I would think Tommy would have smacked him up side the head for even touching a stone 8)

See you in about a week and a half!
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:25:45 PM »
Phil was racing...  Or should I say cleaning up on the last place trophies  ::)  :P

Edgar is a good shit.  I knew he'd help me out.  I'd have done the same for him.  Until bridgestone had a trackside presence, Tommy would either do my tire changes or let me use his machine for it.  We're all one kinda effed up family...

sasrocks

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:26:13 PM »
I'm running the GP series so will not be at BHF.

LOL at your pics, Rich Wu of green lawn racing, that boy had some crappy luck this weekend.  tore up canopy, 2 wrecks and I think a mechnaical.  at least his dog didn't bite him (I think).

do heat cycles come into play using a front so long?  I went with soft/med.

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:29:17 PM »
For whatever reason, the front seems to cycle very well.  The only reason I changed my front is because it actually frightened me it had been on there so long.  And I ask a LOT from a front tire...  I mean, like a SUPER-DUPER-LOT...  They just seem to last forever.

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »
Yea, Edgar & Tommy are... well something else... I'll just have to give them crap next time I see them.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »
Hey now, don't go ruining all my sources for when I need shit in a pinch LOL...

How'd you do this weekend?

Sindarin

• Expert Spectator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 10:00:15 PM »
Great report Jeff  :thumb:. Glad to hear everything went relatively smoothly.

Off Topic:
I was at BHF two weeks ago for the SCCA races and there is all kinds of rubber down on the track now. Those GT1 cars run some soft tires. So I'll be looking forward to seeing you run those 12's  8).

How did Greg do? I hope he took those aluminium magnets out of his Sato's so he didn't attract other bikes into the side of his  8).

See ya at BHF.
'09 KTM 690 SMC

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 10:29:48 PM »
How'd you do this weekend?

It went pretty well, the track came back to me pretty quick, about halfway thru the second session I started feeling good, loosened up and started trying some different lines.  I never did any flat out laps, but had a ton of fun.  The Kink was giving me fits untill the last session, and I never seemed to be able to grab the right gear coming out of Canada.  The only real problem was is was HOT, like 95+ and not hardly a cloud in the sky,  thank god for ez-up's and coolers full of water and gatorade....

It was my first expericence with NESBA, and not bad at all.  My sponsor Two Brothers Honda got about 11 - 12 riders to go, about half were street guys doing thier first or second track day, so it was almost as much fun watching and helping them out.

Got to meet Murf99(Todd) too.  A
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

Johnny P

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • 44 Right!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 06:17:34 AM »
I was at Road A on Monday as well, I would have looked for you if I knew you were there.  What bike were you riding?  I was just helping out some freinds, since I am still without bike and waiting for the baby to come.

Great report Jeff, we will see if I can make it to BHF.  Lets hope Jesse has the baby soon!
CCS Midewest Expert #57
04 CBR600RR (Race)
03 Ducati 999
06 Suzuki RMZ250
05 Yama ha ha ZUMA!

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 07:39:30 AM »
Sindarin - Greg did pretty well.  No major issues. He spent the entire day on Saturday running faster than Phil and I in practice.  I was impressed.

Johnny - 6-6-6 is right around the corner! 

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »
I was at Road A on Monday as well, I would have looked for you if I knew you were there.  What bike were you riding?  I was just helping out some freinds, since I am still without bike and waiting for the baby to come.

Great report Jeff, we will see if I can make it to BHF.  Lets hope Jesse has the baby soon!

Had I known you were there I would have tracked you down.  I was on the RR, Silver & Black with yellow #283 plates running in the I group.  We were pitted about half way down in the upper pits.

Early congrats on the Baby... I know exactly what your going thru.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE