Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: noobs and the RR  (Read 62011 times)

bobhope

• FREAK Member
  • .....i'm not really an indian
Re: noobs and the RR
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
thats why i like my bike so much- cause it just about scares the shit outta me everytime i'm on it.     
"Scotch - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white wine."

-Anonymous

2old2fat2slow

• does your mother know you're a Ramone???
  • FREAK Member
    • DragonKnee Racing
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »
thats why i like my bike so much- cause it just about scares the shit outta me everytime i'm on it.     
That's what I'm talking about!! :P
Let there be Mirth

Weavefish

• FREAK Member
  • Team RaGnArOk
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »
that's why i like my bike so much- cause it just about scares the shit outta me everytime I'm on it.     

I think its comments like that that keep people safe...the second you aren't scared by your bike is the when you its gonna get you.
the RR is my first street bike (that i have owned. i have rode allot of dirt bikes and ATVs along with a few rides on my buds R6) but i a guy who's first ever bike was an R1 and he didn't have any issues with it.
I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Woody Allen

Mrs.Yellowjacket2003

• FNG
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
Oh my gosh, I am so screwed!! ha ha Actually, I think I will be okay.  I didn't learn how to ride until 5 years ago. I learned on my dad's early 80's Yamaha 550 Enduro.  The first thing he made me prove I could pick it up, then he pulled up a chair in our cabin in the hills handed me a walkie talkie and sent me on my way. It was hell trying to learn to ride in the soot/sand and roots on the trails.  I laid it down my fair share and put a rasberry along my whole forearm.  Then when my ex-fiance broke up with me I bought the bike he had been drooling over (97' CBR600F3i)! NO JOKE! I had to drive right by his work every day and loved it when I saw him with his new gf and could rev it up and drive on by. I have since sold that bike (too much baggage attached- no kidding, huh) and now married.  Bought an 03' CBR600RR and am excited to have a BLAST this summer.  My mantra to keep me in check is "It's not if but when and how bad the fall will be."

I look forward to learning everything I can about my bike - first how to change the oil myself!

Don't judge that I am chic just that I am willing to learn!
~Mrs.Yellowjacket2003

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
You will be fine, what is refered to here is 18yrs getting a new 600rr as their first bike and they think they can out ride it.
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

paradis_xo

• Ride or Die
  • Newbies
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
I'm 20 and own a 600rr and i wanna learn to ride that a lot better than i was on my 250 and plan to have a lot more fun on this.  I've ridden 750's and didn't like them, im yet to ride a 1000 but thats on the cards next time im home...  Just cos people are young doesn't mean they always dumb, there's plenty of dumb old people around...

Cane

• Nothing would go right, if everything didn't go wrong.
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
there's plenty of dumb old people around...

Sounds like you've been to Florida with all the snow birds driving there Caddys and over sized everything while there heads barley above the wheel and there pants are just below there kneck..

Question From a forum
Today i came down from a wheelie and now i hear a tick tick in my motor . what do you think, bearing, cam chain?
Mine knocks,pings,rattles,grrrrsss, but it still runs fine.
Best answer
Its A Honda Bitch Will Probably Run With No Oil

markie277

• FNG
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
I just read this thread from start to finish.

I just purchased my first bike. an 03 600RR

I agree with many people on here that it is a lot of bike. But I know myself and my habits. I will not be cruising in high rpms where a little bit of throttle will launch me, and I will be riding ALOT of parking lots to practice braking and turning, accelerating and what not.

The first time I try to stop fast or in a turn, will NOT be on the road.

I know what damage bikes can do, and if you are young and starting on a 600RR you need to be MATURE. Wear your gear, practice your stuff, and dont push yourself. The bike is not a toy.

Also, get frame sliders... protect your investment.

If you understand these things, you will be okay.
--Markie

Gingernator

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2012, 02:47:00 AM »
If you paid attention to any of my replies in these "RR as a first bike" threads, you'd know that I think that any "R" bike is a poor choice for a starter bike...you'd also know that it's not the engine displacement (style is closer)...it's the rake and trail, mixed with the power that makes "R" bikes very unforgiving bikes, even for advanced riders.

I'll never try to discourage a new rider from getting a motorcycle, but I will to my dying day try to discourage a new rider from getting the wrong bike, or a bike that increases his chances of getting injured as a new rider. ...

Even something like a Ninja 250R?

Zap

• Newbies
Re: Re: noobs and the RR
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
My first street bike was my 04' rr almost two years ago, I grew up on the back of my dads bike and one thing that stuck from him was that if you respect the machine, the machine will respect you. With that being said I have yet to go down. I would consider myself a novice rider as I don't have some of the years under my belt like our older riders but I can say my mindset is in the right place. I am a believer in starting small, but me getting an rr was a testament to myself, I wanted to show myself I could do it and do it safely.

I hope that was somewhat helpful,

Cheers

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro