Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: noobs and the RR  (Read 67165 times)

mr. bojangles

• 05 600RR black
    • myspace
Re: noobs and the RR
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 08:59:13 PM »
first off i would like to say that i am not trying to bash ayone with this link, just thought it was interesting. also this website has some good info that could help you out of some bad shit.  http://www.fizzer-redline.com/accidents.htm 

could have to copy and paste (new to the whole forum thing)
WARNING: RIDER MAY BAIL AT ANY TIME!!!!!

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2005, 09:37:43 PM »
It's proof (for the Dutch) that it doesn't take horse power to be stupid...but then again I've never wrote that it's exclusively horse power that gets new riders in trouble...ever.
"There but for the grace of God go I"

StoicDude

• FREAK Member
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 03:21:44 AM »
Man these things are starting to get old very fast.

Zagan: There is huge difference between 250, 600, 1000 and other bikes. The geometry on these is different and this applies to cruisers, tourers, super sport ....

Geometry= different feeling in input responses and how you steer the bike. I do not want to go in depth on this because if you understand this, you will know that it is not just horsepower. It is also the brakes, the suspension, etc

Ride a couple of different bikes and you will see what I mean.

We do not need australia's, england's  or any other laws here. We have insurance companies that are sufficient enough for making it impossible to own a 600, let alone a 1000 bike if you are a certain age, and want to insure it properly.

Buy what you want if you ahve the money. Nobody on tis forum is killing somebody or going in person to persuade them not to buy a ceratin bike. People come here for advice and people that have started on a smaller bike give them their opinion and people that have started on the RR give them theirs.

Get the people that have started on a smaller bike first on the track and let them race for time with people that have started on the 600. That will be proof enough who is better.

I
Kent Brockman to Homer: " Mr. Simpson, how do you explain the fact that misdemeanors, such as graffitti, are down 80%, and heavy sack beatings are up 900% ?"

Ozjack

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 06:00:26 AM »
Man these things are starting to get old very fast.

Zagan: There is huge difference between 250, 600, 1000 and other bikes. The geometry on these is different and this applies to cruisers, tourers, super sport ....

Geometry= different feeling in input responses and how you steer the bike. I do not want to go in depth on this because if you understand this, you will know that it is not just horsepower. It is also the brakes, the suspension, etc

Ride a couple of different bikes and you will see what I mean.

We do not need australia's, england's  or any other laws here. We have insurance companies that are sufficient enough for making it impossible to own a 600, let alone a 1000 bike if you are a certain age, and want to insure it properly.

Buy what you want if you ahve the money. Nobody on tis forum is killing somebody or going in person to persuade them not to buy a ceratin bike. People come here for advice and people that have started on a smaller bike give them their opinion and people that have started on the RR give them theirs.

Get the people that have started on a smaller bike first on the track and let them race for time with people that have started on the 600. That will be proof enough who is better.

I
Very well stated StoicDude, hit the nail on the head :thumb: :thumb: This sums up the entire argument without arguing :P

majin ssj eric

• "What a wonderful smell you've discovered!"
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 09:09:29 AM »
Being faster on a track doesn't necessarily equate to being a better rider......
2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R (current)
2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R (retired)
2005 Honda CBR-600RR (retired)
1993 Honda CBR-600F2 (retired)

StoicDude

• FREAK Member
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 12:27:01 PM »
Being faster on a track doesn't necessarily equate to being a better rider......

How else can you measure who is a better rider?
Kent Brockman to Homer: " Mr. Simpson, how do you explain the fact that misdemeanors, such as graffitti, are down 80%, and heavy sack beatings are up 900% ?"

Ozjack

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 06:45:32 PM »
:-X are you smoking?!?!? Have you even ridden on a track before?? :P
The faster you are, the better the technique/skills/experience needs to be before you can go faster again. Fastest on track is the best rider, unless you have some wierd explanation af "better rider" :P ::)

DaBeachBum

• FREAK Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »
http://home.socal.rr.com/dougsebaypics/PutdownIdiotic.wav :P

Tibbett

• FREAK Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 08:30:43 PM »
I wasn't speeding..you were just going too slow.

'07 Yamaha R6

Gunslinger

• FREAK Member
  • Moving at a high rate of noise.
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 08:51:09 PM »
Read my Sig. line;

"Smooth is fast. Concentrate on consistency of technique, deliberation of action, and economy of motion. The better you get at these, the faster you become."

The better rider "IS" the fastest rider.

Watch this guy; This is what I'm talking about. Use it in every aspect of life, no matter what your sport.

http://www.smithappens.com/video_rockclimber.php
"Smooth is fast. Concentrate on consistency of technique, deliberation of action, and economy of motion. The better get at these, the faster you become."

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 10:38:36 PM »
Who is that quote from Slinger?
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Gunslinger

• FREAK Member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2005, 02:50:58 PM »
Who is that quote from Slinger?

I don't know who originally said it but it's also what every top shooter I've ever spoken to or read from states also. Rob Leatham (The #1 Limited shooter in the world, bar none) once told me that if you get to the point were everything is going in slow motion and you feel like you're standing outside of yourself "watching" everything happen then you've reach a heightened state of awareness that will make you a great challenge for others. Bruce Lee said "Be like water, fluid in motion and smooth in action. Flowing".

About 4 months ago I got to the point where I could see the bullets leaving my gun and traveling to the targets at about 930 feet per second. I had heard people say that this could be done and I've had some really good shooters ( Jerry Barnhart being one ) tell me that when I got to a certain point I would be capable of doing it. But, I was still skeptical untill it happened and after that I started getting a lot better really fast.

The hardest thing to do is to "NOT WORK ON SPEED" in order to become faster but that's what it takes to get there.

This is why in compairison to the Worlds population there are so few real Champions.

Brian Enos' book "Practical Shooting (Beyond Fundamentals)" is a really good tool for learning this. It's a book by a shooter but it works for any competitive sport. Golfers, Gymnists, Formula One racers and many others have stated that they gained a great deal by reading it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:01:40 PM by Gunslinger »
"Smooth is fast. Concentrate on consistency of technique, deliberation of action, and economy of motion. The better get at these, the faster you become."

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Angelo1

• FREAK Member
  • Rick James Bitch! Enjoy yourself!!
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2005, 06:58:02 PM »
Brian Enos' book "Practical Shooting (Beyond Fundamentals)" is a really good tool for learning this. It's a book by a shooter but it works for any competitive sport. Golfers, Gymnists, Formula One racers and many others have stated that they gained a great deal by reading it.
No thanks!!! :jerkoff:
AnGeLO 05 red RR
Arata Ti Slip-on
short stalk V's
fender eliminator
rear seat cowl

Gunslinger

• FREAK Member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2005, 07:53:18 PM »
No thanks!!! :jerkoff:

There's no easier competition to win than the one against a closed mind.  :thumb:

Angelo1

• FREAK Member
  • Rick James Bitch! Enjoy yourself!!
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2005, 09:25:53 PM »

There's no easier competition to win than the one against a closed mind. :thumb:
  jafeia;ldfn[ja;dfld   oops sorry! Your book sounded so boring i feel asleep and drooled on the keyboard.   But anyways, what did you read now.....practical psych. or maybe shooting for dummies! :P  Maybe you should read "how to grow some nuts!" :spank:
AnGeLO 05 red RR
Arata Ti Slip-on
short stalk V's
fender eliminator
rear seat cowl