Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: this whole racial thing is getting out of hand.  (Read 13127 times)

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Re: this whole racial thing is getting out of hand.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 08:32:18 AM »
I'm not offended, the guy's just frustrated and trying to get some help any way he can...how's "this whole racial thing is getting out of hand" Craig?
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:39:44 AM »
I'm not offended, the guy's just frustrated and trying to get some help any way he can...how's "this whole racial thing is getting out of hand" Craig?

the part about slave ships back in the day, comparing the buses they used to transport people to tyhe slavery days..... modern day slavery as he put it.  I understand he is frustrated, but bring the slavery shit into it was stupid if you ask me, regardless of how frustrated he is. Also Kanye West went on the camera LIVE and  said bush doesnt care about black people, and turned into that big racial thing a couple weeks ago, so its getting out of hand. ???
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:44:59 AM by Craig04RR »

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:46:05 AM »
the part about slave ships back in the day, comparing the buses they used to transport people to tyhe slavery days..... modern day slavery as he put it. I understand he is frustrated, but bring the slavery shit into it was stupid if you ask me, regardless of how frustrated he is.

He probably feels let down by his government (wouldn't you), it's got to be a terribly frustrating to be in that situation, but I count my blessings that I'm not.

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 08:48:03 AM »
He probably feels let down by his government (wouldn't you), it's got to be a terribly frustrating to be in that situation, but I count my blessings that I'm not.

I know he feels let down, just saying that  comparing it to the slavery days was a bit ridiculous, even given the circumstances.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:03:48 AM »
Like I said, I'm not offended by what he said...

Gunslinger

• FREAK Member
  • Moving at a high rate of noise.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 10:56:32 AM »
2 entries found for racist.
rac·ism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that racing competitively is fun.
2. Someone who has mastered the art of competitive racing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rac·ism

1. The characteristics of one who enjoys competitive racing.
"Smooth is fast. Concentrate on consistency of technique, deliberation of action, and economy of motion. The better get at these, the faster you become."

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

majin ssj eric

• "What a wonderful smell you've discovered!"
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:55 AM »

He said it himself:  "Who are we supposed to depend on?"

Well here's the answer:  YOURSELF!!!

The reason all of these people are in the situation they are in is because they didn't take the initiative to get their own lives together and sat around waiting for the government to take care of them.  It is the entitlement mentality in this country that caused this.  Nobody wants to be responsible for themselves and somebody else should just handle everything for them.  $20k???  For what?  Maybe you should have evacuated before the storm hit.  Maybe you should have had flood insurance in a low-lying, hurricane prone area.  Maybe you should have saved your money for such an occasion rather than buying "dubs" and gold necklaces.  The truth hurts but somebody's got to say it.  New Orleans is a liberal run city in a liberal state that has preached the entitlement mentality for 100 years and you see where it got them.  This should be a lesson to all of us.  You are not children anymore and you can't expect somebody else to take care of you.  

Bringing up the slave ships was just comical.  If there had been no slave ships, your ass would be sitting in Zambia somewhere right now dancing around a fire and making clicking noises with your teeth!  I don't think they give away many debit cards in Zambia for hurricane relief.....
2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R (current)
2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R (retired)
2005 Honda CBR-600RR (retired)
1993 Honda CBR-600F2 (retired)

OuterGarage

• The Outer Garage
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »
Here is a link to the video of Kanye at the Telethon for those who have not seen it.

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79
FS: 2003 CBR600RR, 2500 miles, like-new condition
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php?topic=12540.msg203542#msg203542

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 11:27:12 AM »
He said it himself:  "Who are we supposed to depend on?"

Well here's the answer:  YOURSELF!!!

The reason all of these people are in the situation they are in is because they didn't take the initiative to get their own lives together and sat around waiting for the government to take care of them.  It is the entitlement mentality in this country that caused this.  Nobody wants to be responsible for themselves and somebody else should just handle everything for them.  $20k???  For what?  Maybe you should have evacuated before the storm hit.  Maybe you should have had flood insurance in a low-lying, hurricane prone area.  Maybe you should have saved your money for such an occasion rather than buying "dubs" and gold necklaces.  The truth hurts but somebody's got to say it.  New Orleans is a liberal run city in a liberal state that has preached the entitlement mentality for 100 years and you see where it got them.  This should be a lesson to all of us.  You are not children anymore and you can't expect somebody else to take care of you.  

Bringing up the slave ships was just comical.  If there had been no slave ships, your ass would be sitting in Zambia somewhere right now dancing around a fire and making clicking noises with your teeth!  I don't think they give away many debit cards in Zambia for hurricane relief.....

the part about dancing arounda campfire making clicking noises cracked me the fuck up. I didnt want to get ina huge debate so I didnt  say what majin said, but I agree with his post.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:10:25 PM »
Majin, thinks that everybody has the money and means to just up and leave whenever they want...screw poverty or living in the ghetto, many of those people don't even own a car (let alone flood or home owners insurance). Majin, you're giving the impression that the unfortunate people have squandered their money on "Dubs and gold necklaces," and to me that indicates you may have some issues you might need to work out related to racial stereotypes.

Secondly, how many of us could or would just freely abandon their home without looking back? The storm is bringing out the worst in a lot of people and we can always look back and say what people should or shouldn't have done, but that doesn't change the fact that our own people (Americans) are in need...you can turn your back on them if you want Majin, but my family will not.

Daneegyrl

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:21:20 PM »
 Maybe you should have saved your money for such an occasion rather than buying "dubs" and gold necklaces.  

Do me the favor of trying to evalutate this statement and any possible justification for it?

I have tried to stay my hand at responding to this whole "racial" incident, any conversations on it, etc.
But this is getting out of hand. Yes, some people have exaggerated the comparison of the Katrina situation with slavery, but comments like the one stated above and many others like this is why this country can't move forward in race relations to day.
You assume that poor people in LA can afford "dubs and gold necklaces" or wait- chose to buy them instead of "saving their money for such an occasion"? How ignorant (and probably WHITE POWER) of you to ASSume this.
Again, the argument of "Maybe you should have evacuated before the storm hit".  Easy to say for someone who probably would have had the means to do so. And all those who didn't? Was it because they were too busy spending money on "dubs''?? What a jackass thing to even insinuate. Over 40% of LA population is below the poverty line- a situation most of them did not CHOOSE to be in. So, to mandate an evactuaion and then give these people no means to do so is just insane.

I am so fed up with people who's head's are so far up their utopian asses as to think that "these people should have left when they were told"  or "that they should have been responsible for themselves" or any other of these self-righteous bullshit lines that my head is about to explode. And you know what else, whether I agree with what Kanye West said or not, if Barbara Bush can, in this country of  our FREEDOM, say what she said, Kanye certainly has a right, not only to his opinion but to express it in a public forum.

Oh, and for the record Majin ssj eric, I had a friend in college who was from Zambia and I can assure you, there is no dancing around fires and from this post I am also assured that he was much more intelligent and advanced than you!

There, I've grown tired of this bullshit, I said it and if you don't like tough shit!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 12:34:27 PM by Daneegyrl »
Be Easy,

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 12:29:05 PM »
I love you Daneegyrl!

JQrr

• FREAK Member
  • Do not disturb...
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 12:35:43 PM »
+1

You don't know what you don't know until you KNOW what you don't know............  WHAT??

Daneegyrl

• FREAK Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »
U guys know I don't generally post my opinions when it comes to topics on race, well just because. I don't feel the need to apologize for my ideas but I'd just rather not get into them sometimes.

This post absolutely pissed me off.

(Fret, I am glad -and I really believe that- more people think like you than like eric. Oh, and u know I love you too :-*)
Thanks JQrr.)

Here is a link to an article that was poignantly true and that gives voice to an idea that many believe/know to be true without pointing fingers or starting a race war (of words). He is a writer with the AP and had the guts to say what many others did not...

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20050916/D8CLCPT00.html
Be Easy,