Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Dainese P103 Perforated (somewhat) Leather Pants  (Read 1937 times)

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
Dainese P103 Perforated (somewhat) Leather Pants
« on: August 19, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »
For those that don't know me, I'm a huge advocate of Dainese gear.  After trying on several makes, I found the Dainese gear provide that extra UMPH!!! when it comes to protection, quality, and design.  Stoicdude and I have joked about me being a crash tester for Dainese since I've crashed in several of their gears, and walked away unscathed with minimum damage to the gear--no rip or tears in the seams--and no damage to me whatsoever.

So, after crashing in the Dragonfly leather pants, I just had to get another pair of leathers but this time I wanted to try their lower end models like the P103 leather pants.  These pants retail for $415 or higher.

First impression, they're are a lot lighter and thinner than the Dragonfly pants.  The smell of new leathers is intoxicating as you all know.  Unlike the Dragonfly, the P103 do not have a belt loop but, come on, who wears a belt with their leather pants?  The P103's can be zipped up to your existing Dainese leather jacket to complete a 2 piece suit.  Behind the knee (back part of the leg) the leather is perforated, and the lowers unzip from the side as opposed to the Dragonfly's where they (2 zippers) unzip from the back of the calves.  In addition, I wished they would have incorporated the D-Stone Material on the backside of the knee/leg that is perforated like that of the Dragonfly.  The benefit of the D-Stone Material is that it's as strong as leather and is 100% breatheable, which draws more air in than say a leather that is perforated (see pic).

Now, time to try on the pants.  I have to admit, having the lower zipper located on the side of the pants made it really difficult to get into.  So difficult I kept getting my feet caught in the liner.  Once I got my legs through, I tried to zip the front zipper up but couldn't--I have gotten fat.  I'm 5'6" and weigh 160 lbs.  I like to say all that fat is pure muscle but I'd be lying...hahahaha. 8)  I guess I'm going to have to go on a diet. ???

As I stood up, the first thing I noticed was how the excess leather by the knee would fold up and stick out to the side (see pic).

The P103's also felt very tight around the calves and thigh area.  Seeing how they are the same size as my Dragonfly's, I couldn't understand why.  Then it occurred to me after examing the P103's closer, the P103's taper from top to bottom unlike the Dragonfly's.

All in all, I believe the P103's were designed for skinny folks not someone as massively built like myself. :P  Still, the stitching and quality of the leather is what you would always expect from Dainese--Top notch!  Second to none!

Either way, I will have to sell these pants or lose a great deal of weight just to fit into them; but most likely I will sell them.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Re: Dainese P103 Perforated (somewhat) Leather Pants
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:49:44 PM »
Pretty funny review Nem! :P
"There but for the grace of God go I"

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 12:59:32 AM »
Pretty funny review Nem! :P

Really?

I just wanted to give an honest review even though I love Dainese.  I didn't want others to think I was biased...lol.  The lower end models aren't all that great.  They are pretty equivalent to the A* and other make's higher end. ??? 8)  However, the upper Dainese models (like the Dragonfly leather pants or the Bora 1 piece suits) are just absolutely amazing.

StoicDude

• FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 01:30:03 AM »
Hey again , Nem.  :P
I guess it will have to be the Dragonflys or the RS Taichi suit. Damn, damn, damn.
Kent Brockman to Homer: " Mr. Simpson, how do you explain the fact that misdemeanors, such as graffitti, are down 80%, and heavy sack beatings are up 900% ?"