Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Fretless33 and marcmcm at Beaver Run (lots of pics)  (Read 10352 times)

madmanu

• FREAK Member
  • I can resist everything but tambok pepe!
    • oneseba
Re: Fretless33 at Beaver Run (lots of pics)
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 11:00:23 PM »
Marc, those pics aren't that bad. You actually don't look that crossed up but being high on the bike kind of accentuates it. Hang off just a tad more and bring your chin closer to your inner wrist next time. Nevertheless we all have come a long way  :thumb: I would say Fret had the most improvement  ;D I can't wait to share my pics as well, that photographer better post in up online already cause I'm going nuts here  ???

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 11:00:57 PM »
Damn Marc no wonder you dragged your slider, it sticks out ten feet...well, I was impressed :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
"There but for the grace of God go I"

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 11:02:13 PM »
No kidding, Marc!

Get rid of those things, bro! ::) :(

I mean replace those with race frame sliders.

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
  • I'm kinder and gentler...you should be too
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 11:05:20 PM »
That's awesome, Marc.

Keep them for reference--study and learn from them.

That's the instructor!  They say no wheelies and he goes and pulls them.  That's not cool.

It's already begun, I just moved into a new place and I finally have my own garage so I've had the bike on the stands practicing body position. 

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 11:06:49 PM »
It's already begun, I just moved into a new place and I finally have my own garage so I've had the bike on the stands practicing body position. 

LOL!!!  I do that almost every night--really I do. :thumb: ;D

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
Re: Fretless33 and marcmcm at Beaver Run (lots of pics)
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 01:11:59 AM »
Okay, I just went back and looked at Fret's pics very carefully and I have to say, though I see some improvement I'm still seeing some of his old habits.

I don't mean to be a prick or act like I'm better than you or anything (cuz I'm not) but I'm just trying to help out my bro. :thumb: ;D

In these pics, you look awesome, Fret:

Before:

After:

But then from the side view we're starting to see a reminiscent of the "Old" you.

Before:

And still after:

Still a huge improvement from this:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 01:16:11 AM by *Nemesis* »

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2005, 03:27:26 AM »
Okay, I just went back and looked at Fret's pics very carefully and I have to say, though I see some improvement I'm still seeing some of his old habits.

Like I said, critique and give what advice you can or want...that's how I learned last year and I must admit, old habits are hard to break...

I hate to sound like I have a thing for Terry, but I really tried to emulate his style and had his words echoing through my head..."lead with your chin." I've learned from every picture shown here, all the track reports and all of your advice to me and to others. It's been said before, this forum is a great resource!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 03:30:20 AM by Fretless33 »
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2005, 06:53:50 AM »
man i think ur suit looks sick, If I dont go Alpinestars again,  I will make a customized taichi suit, anyways U looked really good in those new pics Fret, I dont know what it is, but something doesnt look right about marcs body positioning, its like hes fighting his body leaning off the bike his lower part wants to but his upper part shoulders and head dont want to lean off, Im not trying to be an asshole, cuz I have A LOT to learn as we all know.  The main thing is your guys had fun and didnt crash out there, every track day you will improve it is inevitable with the right guidance, I cant wait to get back out there.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2005, 07:36:22 AM »
I know my body position is fucked up, I'm working on it.  Anyone else think my frame slider sticks out too far?

Meddiepie954rr

• FREAK Member
  • Dude! Do a wheelie!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »
Wow, Fret, good pictures, I was wondering who the hell was in your Avatar, I thought for a minute that you may have posted that "local fast guy" up there, but I guess not, huh  :P .  Lookin' good man!

Mark? Do you really have expert plates? I didn't know that, I thought you were just a trackday rider
"We all take a modicum of risk every time we thumb the starter - it's just inherent to the sport." - SportRider

...and my dad can beat up your dad...

ASMA/CCS SW AM #36

Zero Gravity
Monster Energy
Utopia Optics

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 02:14:03 PM »
Wow, Fret, good pictures, I was wondering who the hell was in your Avatar, I thought for a minute that you may have posted that "local fast guy" up there, but I guess not, huh  :P .  Lookin' good man!

Mark? Do you really have expert plates? I didn't know that, I thought you were just a trackday rider

HAHA  no I don't have expert plates.  NESBA requires numbers and you get to pick your own.  I picked 537 because that was the tail number of the first Blackhawk I was assgined as my aircraft in the Army.

jezterr

• FREAK Member
  • (^_^)
    • juniormonkey.com
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 02:16:37 PM »
I know my body position is fucked up, I'm working on it.  Anyone else think my frame slider sticks out too far?

those look like yoyodynes and i don' think that right-side one should be sticking out that much. almost looks like you've got the wrong bolt for it.
Quote from: laxrider04
i used to be a pirate.....yarrrr
juniormonkey.com

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 02:18:28 PM »
those look like yoyodynes and i don' think that right-side one should be sticking out that much. almost looks like you've got the wrong bolt for it.

Kinda like he's got an extension rod or something, huh?

jezterr

• FREAK Member
  • (^_^)
    • juniormonkey.com
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 02:40:20 PM »
HAHA  no I don't have expert plates.  NESBA requires numbers and you get to pick your own.  I picked 537 because that was the tail number of the first Blackhawk I was assgined as my aircraft in the Army.

huh. is it legal to put any number you want if it's not a race day? i was thinking about putting some numbers on the bike for the seattle 100...
Quote from: laxrider04
i used to be a pirate.....yarrrr
juniormonkey.com

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2005, 04:19:12 PM »
huh. is it legal to put any number you want if it's not a race day? i was thinking about putting some numbers on the bike for the seattle 100...

NESBA doesn't care what you put on there, it's mainly for the photographer to identify your pictures and organize them since they take about 50-75 pics of you for one day. 

Here are my pics from a few weks ago at Summit, and that was only for 3/4 of a day.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventFrame?event=03HV005S3V