Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: How many track days for me to be a better racer than you?  (Read 21753 times)

Meddiepie954rr

• FREAK Member
  • Dude! Do a wheelie!
Re: How many track days for me to be a better racer than you?
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »
You can be a better racer than me right now.   

The problem with racing is that a whole bunch of talented people show up and only one of them goes home with their self esteem intact.  Most racers are losers.

Why am I the only person who can see this?   :P

Nah, I don't have to win to have fun.  I love close races, close battles between people.  The last race I was at, a buddy of mine was trying to catch me, as I slipped into first place... he layed his bike down behind me, the friggin' engine caught on fire... red flag... then I biffed the re-start and ended up in 4th place ::)

At ASMA, I was coming out of the carosel...I took the inside exit, one of the racers there tried to take the outside exit right under me, we brushed up and were probably inches from both getting whiped out, but we both pulled our bikes back  together and rode off.  That was a fun race, him and I passed eachother the entire race...'til my shifter broke while I was in 4th gear... and I had to bounce from the race.
"We all take a modicum of risk every time we thumb the starter - it's just inherent to the sport." - SportRider

...and my dad can beat up your dad...

ASMA/CCS SW AM #36

Zero Gravity
Monster Energy
Utopia Optics

cehoward600rr

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2006, 08:37:45 PM »
There was a 65 year old guy at Beaver Run when we were there on an RC51, he was slow as hell, but his Taichi suit had some funny patches on the back..."Senior Citizen" "Back off" "over 60"

Dammit, I am here now, and I ain't slow no dam more!!!!! :P 

Right now, I am in the process of making the choice of getting an 06 CBR600rr or the 06 YZFR6. And you know what, I wasn't slow at Beaver Run, you must have saw me on my slow lap!! 8) I am booked for Beaver Run the coming April 8th and 9th. Be sure to be there, so I can show you the backside of my Sato Banzia pipes.. Heh, heh..

ceh
2001 GSX R100
2003 RC51
(65 old, dirty, fast)

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2006, 12:32:41 AM »
Dammit, I am here now, and I ain't slow no dam more!!!!!

LOL! Welcome to the site...small world aye? :run: You sure picked an off the wall topic to show up in!

Be different and get the RR...you know these bikes are bullet proof! What's making you want to put away the RC?

I would love to camp beside you again, but April is too soon for me and I'm more than likely going to hit the Autobahn in June, but the Run was a nice track...I had a lot of fun lapping you (over and over)!  ::) :P Did you get your new suit, or do you still use the Viper?

Trust me, I admire you and can only pray to God that I'm able to do what you do when I grow up (get old  :P ).

Just kidding, it's all in fun!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

cehoward600rr

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2006, 03:24:46 PM »
LOL! Welcome to the site...small world aye? :run: You sure picked an off the wall topic to show up in!

Be different and get the RR...you know these bikes are bullet proof! What's making you want to put away the RC?

I would love to camp beside you again, but April is too soon for me and I'm more than likely going to hit the Autobahn in June, but the Run was a nice track...I had a lot of fun lapping you (over and over)!  ::) :P Did you get your new suit, or do you still use the Viper?

Trust me, I admire you and can only pray to God that I'm able to do what you do when I grow up (get old  :P ).

Just kidding, it's all in fun!

Hey guy, great to be here too!!

Lapping me!! ggrrrrrrrrr...  :P I had super fun. Yeah, I got the viper, its bad too.. :) Don't think I had the viper at Beaver Run, I had the Blast Edge, and later on I got the Viper..

Here is the Viper

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/fra2.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/slim1.jpg

And here is the blast edge

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/rs70.jpg

Try lapping me here!!  I am in the middle.. :)
http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/3mile.jpg

Plus, they made a mistake when I ordered the viper and sent me another blast edge. They gave me that suit for mistake. ;)

Look, I am real close on this 600s. I know I am getting one (tired of young farts lapping me :)), and right now, I am 80% on to the R6. :(..

Yesterday I went to a dealer that had both. I sat on both. The 600rr fit me the best, but all the juice on the sexy R6 was calling me the hardest. Still not concrete on which one.   But, the pig (rc51 will be seat aside to stud right  after May 11th & 12th. Doing the Rogue trackday at Barber, and a lot of people expecting the old man to make a showing. They are betting who can lap me the most!!  8)..

Sheesh, I am having the time of my life. I have gotten a tad faster, each trackday is an adventure into sheer excitement. Just got back from Daytona, did the Team Hammer School. Oh that banking.. Scare the living crap out the old man.. :)

Anyway, I will hang around and run my big mouth for a while. Look forward to seeing you again too..

Be safe,

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
65 old,dirty,fast

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2006, 09:44:20 PM »
From what I heard the R6 slipper clutch is crap and it really doesn't red line at 17,000 (more like 16 something)...it's a sharp bike, but why be like everyone else?

cehoward600rr

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
From what I heard the R6 slipper clutch is crap and it really doesn't red line at 17,000 (more like 16 something)...it's a sharp bike, but why be like everyone else?

Really not trying to be like everyone else, just trying to get/find out the best for me. One of my local homies who I turned on to the track, has a RC51, and a 05 CBR600rr for the track.  So, the deal is to get the best one that I can work with.. Lots of competition out there in the 600 class. All the dam 600s are way over my head. Can't miss with either one of them..

Couple weeks will go by fast, I am even curious to the way my senile old mind will pick.   :-\

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
65 old,dirty,fast

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34:29 AM »
Hey C.E., check this thread out...it's a good discussion about our beloved RR...

http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,14054.0.html

Goro

• FREAK Member
  • Yea It's a Cow!!!
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
The new R6 is a nice bike, nice suspension some other nice goodies but as far as the motor redlining at 17,500 :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: they crap out at 16,200. As far as the slipper clutch goes no difference at least I didn't notice any.  Yamaha has offered to buy back all the new R6 from their customers tax,title,fees included.  Go to your local Yamaha and ask them.. So much for the 2006 R6 ::)

BlackNumberOne

• FREAK Member
  • 1.21 Gigawatts of power
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2006, 09:45:23 AM »
Yamaha has offered to buy back all the new R6 from their customers tax,title,fees included.  Go to your local Yamaha and ask them.. So much for the 2006 R6

Seems sooooo cheesey that Yamaha'd throw a 17,500 RPM redline on a bike and then have to "find out" that it actually doesn't redline that high. I bet Honda doesn't need hillbillies with dynometers to let them know where the rev-limiter steps in.
you can trust me. I don't even have a mustache.