Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Sidi B-One  (Read 2562 times)

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
Sidi B-One
« on: May 30, 2005, 05:21:16 PM »
I picked these up from a guy at another forum for $35.00  Is that cheap or what?  He was selling what look to be like all his gear collection 70 to 80% off.  The guy told me he lost so much weight that the gear was too loose on him, so he went out and bought new gear.  And all his gears looked brand spanking new.

Upon arriving home, I immediately examined the boots even closer than before and noticed there were hardly any signs of wear.  I tried on the boots and immediately noticed a huge difference from my other pair of boots--Sidi Vertigo Corsas.

These felt loose (though they were the same size), and provided little to no protection right below your calves or anything above the ankle.  Even the protection around the ankle was questionable--a small circular plastic plate felt weak unlike the Vertigo Corsas; then again we're talking about a $400 pair boot (Vertigo Corsa) vs a $200 boot.  Still, I expected somewhat of the same amount of protection.  The reason why this is so important to me is because I had my leg shattered, and after lowsiding a few times and dropping the bike (this past trackday weekend...LOL ??? 8)) on my not so good leg again, the Vertigo Corsa did an awesome job--never felt any pain or anything.  Had I worn this boot I would have definitely felt something awful.

The great thing about the Vertigo Corsa--not the Vertigo's regulars--is that the plastic part that connects from the bottom of the boot all the way to the top provides so much support and protection you feel like your foot and everything 5 inches above your ankle is well protected.  And that is what's missing in all the other Sidi boots.

However, the good thing about this boot is it does provide more protection than your average working boots, sneakers, and so on.  In addition, the boot is very light, still has it's hard toe armour, toe-sliders, shin armour, and heel armour.

And for the price of $35.00 I can't complain too much but I can give you guys an honest review.

Look at this!  Hardly any creases! :thumb:

cbr05

Re: Sidi B-One
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 08:34:13 PM »
That's a great deal. Definitely a step up from sneakers and flip flops.

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 08:48:32 PM »
how did u drop the bike on your leg?
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:34:01 PM »
how did u drop the bike on your leg?

I was standing in front of the bike, grabbed the bike by the horns, so to speak, while it was still on its kickstand and moved it slightly forward.  It somehow kicked up the kickstand (couldn't hear it go up because of the other bikes zooming by on the track) and proceeded to lean it right.  The bike kept leaning and leaning, so I jump to its side to catch it but it was too late, and....BANG!!!....landed right on my leg.

I was actually trapped for a minute or so under the bike.

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 05:21:22 PM »
holy shit thats funny, I would have been so embarrassed, at elats u didnt break it again
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 06:34:38 PM »
holy shit thats funny, I would have been so embarrassed, at elats u didnt break it again

Believe it or not, I was laughing, too. 8) ;D

rbeddy

• out ridin' and loving it
    • Christian Sportbike Racing
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »
dude, that sucks!  glad you didn't get hurt, though.

$35 for any sidi boot is a good deal, imho
cbr600f4.com transplant
phil 3:14 - press on toward the goal to win the prize
fasttrax #316
http://www.csbracing.com