Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: undesirible passenger???  (Read 21225 times)

arsouille

Re: undesirible passenger???
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2005, 03:44:01 PM »

OMG, she is almost covering the licence plate with the leftover meat around her a$$ ....  :P
2005 CBR600RR black tribal

StoicDude

• FREAK Member
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 09:52:16 AM »

Hey endless would you ride her?

Stan, your probelm is keeping the ex around, not having her as a passenger. If you wold have gotten rid of her this wouldn't even be an issue.
Kent Brockman to Homer: " Mr. Simpson, how do you explain the fact that misdemeanors, such as graffitti, are down 80%, and heavy sack beatings are up 900% ?"

Murf99

• (Trackday) Headcase
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2005, 01:34:06 PM »
it's pretty easy ... for a french guys, so i will try to explain ....
volume, weight and capacity are all linked one to the other. and water freezes at  zero degres celcius.

for instance, one liter of water, weigh one kilo and will fit in 1 cubic decimeter.
1000 liter weight one ton (1000 kilos) and will fit in 1 square meter. 

but what about for me when I moved in the US ... people talking in cup, in fluid ounce, in gallon, in inch, in foot, in yard, in mile, in pound, in degres farenheigt (i don't know how to spell that fu**ing word  :-X )

Well, my car gets 73 Furlongs to the Horsehead and that's the way I like it!
Todd Murray
NESBA 911 Advanced
'05 Honda CBR 600RR
'03 Aprilia Mille RSV-R

arsouille

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2005, 04:32:11 PM »
 ;D

and I can drink 1 pint of beer in 1 tenth of a minute, that's the only think that really matters  8)
2005 CBR600RR black tribal

Countyblues

• Newbies

Intrepidman

• FNG
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 02:06:07 AM »
1.6 kilometers per mile.  Roughly one and a half times the distance in kilometers.

0.45 kilograms per pound.  Roughly half the mass in kilograms.

I don't understand why we're NOT on the metric system.  We're one of the only countries that doesn't widely accept the SI measurement.  It's simple to use, and even simpler to scale to larger or smaller units.  Ever try going from pounds to grams?  What about quarts to ounces?  Square feet to acres?

pounds to grams????  Were you thinking pounds to ounces?  A pound is 16 ounces.  There are 43 560 sq ft in an acre.  There are 32 ounces in a quart.

An acre is 1 furlong long, and 4 rods wide.

660 x 66 feet = 43560 sq ft

Besides that, the Imperial system rules.  An inch is the width of your thumb.  You can take a foot, and divide by 2, 3, or 4, or 6 and get an even measurement.  Try that with 304.8 millimeters.  Unless you are lucky any division of a measurement by other that 2 will result in a fraction, and 1/2 of the divisions by 2 will result in fractions.  Base 10 is horrible for units of measure.  Now if they had used base 12 it would have been a different story.

metric is great for engineers.  It SUCKS for people.  How much is in a juice box? About 8 ounces, easy.  In metric? 226 milliliters WTF?  Which is easier?  I can't imagine how tough it would be to try to cook with metric.  I would go insane trying to get the right number of grams.

Heck, even Celsius sucks, the divisions are too big, end up going to fractions to get useful information.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:47:35 PM by Intrepidman »

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
wheew, you sure are a gravedigger, aren't you? :P
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

bigdcbr600

• Your Daddy
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »
230 pounds would ruin the shocks. holy crap!  :( and yeah the cowl stays on the bike at ALL times. ;D Bikes are for the boys only bitches no riders allowed!
No....you aren't seeing things, that was me blasting past you

tankie2ndrtr

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
Take your rear pegs off !, If chix want a ride on a bike then they can buy one 1 lol
"Fear Naught"

quain159

• "Live Real, Be real, ride Hard !"
  • This is me at the hangar years ago
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
I'll second the motion.......all in favor?

I :thumb:

and btw, when i ride, i only let my wife be passenger,, namely because she is the only one in these parts light enough to NOT max out my limits!  :thumb:

(this forum is great, jeff and all the others are very kind and helpful, i have learned SOOOO much just looking throught the site)

live fast RiDe HaRd

QHS
Oh look,  IT'S a BLUUUURR!