Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Unleash the Beast!!!  (Read 2565 times)

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
Unleash the Beast!!!
« on: May 22, 2005, 12:36:40 AM »
Have you guys seen Jet Li's movie called "Unleashed" that just recently came out?

This movie is by far Jet Li's best movie. I thought Kiss of the Dragon was awesome but this movie is insane!!!

The storyline isn't all that impressive, however what they lack in the storyline they make up in acting. Even Jet Li's performance was excellent. The fighting scenes are insane, and I'm not a huge fan of string works, except in Matrix, which I thought they would incorporate but they rarely used any. I will definitely buy this movie and watch it over and over again.

Morgan Freeman stars in it as well, and a couple of other well-known english actors.

If you're into martial arts, or even if you're not just go watch it--it's very entertaining.

Here's a trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808608888&cf=trailer
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 12:47:24 AM by *Nemesis* »

madmanu

• FREAK Member
  • I can resist everything but tambok pepe!
    • oneseba
Re: Unleash the Beast!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:19:07 AM »
I haven't watched it yet but I sure will later. I'm a huge Jet Li fan, my all time favorite is him playing Wang Fei Hung, yep Once Upon a Time in China 1 - 7. Those got the best actions from all his films. I would skip my class in college to watch one of those  :P

honiton

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:41:23 PM »
I haven't watched it yet but I sure will later. I'm a huge Jet Li fan, my all time favorite is him playing Wang Fei Hung, yep Once Upon a Time in China 1 - 7. Those got the best actions from all his films. I would skip my class in college to watch one of those  :P

+1 me too, also there is another movie he made, I dont remember the name of it, but it has to do with Tai Chi... Love those movie when Jet Li begining to get famous...  :thumb:

dmakmcse

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 01:37:12 AM »
saw unleashed a couple weeks ago.
didn't think the fighting scenes were anything special.
his english has improved alot though.    :P :P :P

the house of flying daggers has really good wire work.
you don't see people tripping and trying to balanc themselves all over the place like in crouching tiger.

you should watch the movies that he made years ago, once upon a time in china, fong sai yuk, that tai chi movie was ok too.

*Nemesis*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 02:03:02 AM »
Not a big fan of wire works unless it's Matrix..lol

Endless

• Endless's very own group
  • Cold Chillin'
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 09:30:28 AM »
Didn't see it yet, but i'm pretty sick of Jet Li.  I liked Ong-Bak though, i think he (The actor) would kick the shit out of Jet.  If you haven't seen it, you should, dude does his own stunts like Jackie, even jumps over cars, hardly any special effects, and plus the fact his fighting style is also pretty cool, gets more to the point rather than seeing other martial artists due the full motion, just to make the move look cooler.  Ong-Bak is a MUST see.
Machines own the straights.  Riders own the corners.

PaikyPoo

• FREAK Member
  • WoO HoO
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 09:48:02 AM »
Ong-Bak is a MUST see.

i dunno if it's a MUST see, but it was very entertaining  :thumb: