Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Official speeding ticket thread - post yours here  (Read 10825 times)

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
  • Canadian living in TAIWAN.
Re: Official speeding ticket thread - post yours here
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 11:30:33 AM »
It's funny....back when I was in Canada I'd do 3 times the speed limit on a semi-regular basis. And I got speeding tickets pretty regularly as well....but I always got speeding tickets when I was riding really slow....tickets the were just 6 or 7 over...crap like that. It was so stupid how it worked. One time I was just chatting with a girl who was riding passenger and I get pulled over. I asked to see the radar readout but the cop said he tried to get a 2nd reading and it didn't work..so he had no reading to show me. Fooker. I'm sure I could have fought it, if I knew how...but I didn't...and I moved to Taiwan. Plus shortly before moving to Taiwan due to that final ticket I got a letter saying my license was void until I took a "saftey driving" class...which consisted of watching some videos...and for that privelage I'd have to pay over a hundred bucks. Taiwan's police are useless...which is good..and bad.
Don'tSpit,Swallow.The protein content in that wad is the equivalent to a medium size pork chop-Oprah

Endless

• Endless's very own group
  • Cold Chillin'
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »
No tickets on the bike, had a few close calls. (speeding, shifting back from side to side to clean off tires)  Last time i got a ticket for the cage was about 2 years ago, 70 in a 35.  Was in a hurry to get home to ride the bike. 8)
Machines own the straights.  Riders own the corners.

JQrr

• FREAK Member
  • Do not disturb...
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 11:55:01 AM »
I got no tickets on the bike yet.  Well, except this one time when my ez-pass didn't read at the toll on NJ Turnpike.  I got a nice picture of my backside and a $30 fine for a $.55 toll.  I'd post the pic but I don't have a scanner.
You don't know what you don't know until you KNOW what you don't know............  WHAT??

Tibbett

• FREAK Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 04:26:18 PM »
I recieved a tiny *cough* ticket for going down our private road..which evidently has a speed limit  :-X I don't even know what the cop was doing there since it is private property. That's still in court since it was BS and private property..if I wanna speed down my road/driveway let me..
I wasn't speeding..you were just going too slow.

'07 Yamaha R6

NewRedRider

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 04:44:43 PM »
My local DOT puts out these radar stations mounted on poles. Has anyone seen them? They're small and not the ones on wheels. I've noticed that my bike doesn't get picked up by the radar. I'd go by it with cars and it reads fine. I go by again by myself and it doesn't read anything. Could it be that stealth wax? ???
**I'm not a post whore! I just have a lot of opinions**

bryzo

• Newbies
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »
Speed limit is 60 Km and he is going 101 Km so he is 41 Km over speed limit, I dont know what is 41km converted to MPH.. anyone?  I only know 100km is 60 mph

To get an approximate figure for KM into MPH  divide the Km in half and add 10.  100km/2=50mph+10=60mph (approx only) :thumb:
TITTS: Take It To The Streets-Contributing Member

honiton

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 05:00:17 PM »
Yeah and their dating system is actually more accurate than the Western one...because it actually goes off of the moon....err, I think. So if you thought the world would end in the year 2000...don't worry...it still might.

+1 ... It is a lot more accurate than the A.D and B.C crap..... (I will probably get flame for this)... Anyway, I am not sure about China, because I really dont follow any Communist shit that happens over there.. I do know Taiwan and Vietnam and some other asian countries.  Since communist took over in china a lot of shit got changed, no fucking freedom what so ever.  You take what Govt gives you thats why majority of the people there are so fucking lazy, the key word is majority, there is some business that work very hard, thats why you have to have connections in the govt to get ahead of the game in China (money, wealth, just like the company that bought IBM personal computer division, the guy was backed by the China govt, U.S is in deep shit because too dependent on china goods, I can see another cold war coming)

honiton

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 05:04:24 PM »
To get an approximate figure for KM into MPH  divide the Km in half and add 10.  100km/2=50mph+10=60mph (approx only) :thumb:

Thank you very much.. Now I know how to convert..  :thumb:

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
  • I'm kinder and gentler...you should be too
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 07:02:06 PM »
Thank you very much.. Now I know how to convert..  :thumb:

A more accurate method is to multiply KMs by 6 and drop the last digit.  300KM/h*6=1800 drop the last digit=180. 

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 08:57:19 PM »
No tickets on the bike, had a few close calls. (speeding, shifting back from side to side to clean off tires)  Last time i got a ticket for the cage was about 2 years ago, 70 in a 35.  Was in a hurry to get home to ride the bike. 8)

:P :P That was funny Endless.

For converting make a new folder in your browsers "favorites" called "covert" and add these puppies:

temperature conversions http://www.pitt.edu/~rsup/tempconv.html

distance conversions (miles/kilometers) http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

Money conversions http://www.gcitrading.com/converter.htm

pounds to kilograms http://www.euroshippers.com/pounds_kilograms_converter.htm
Don'tSpit,Swallow.The protein content in that wad is the equivalent to a medium size pork chop-Oprah

Toferlee

• Newbies
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 11:22:57 AM »
Got a ticket for doing 103mph in a 60mph. It was on a 6 lane tollway, in Dallas.
Well he caught me coming down from about 140mph, guess it could of been worse.

The first thing he said is "I hope you have a license for that thing, if not your going to jail, buddy"

When i called about taking defensive driving, the lady on the phone laughed at me and said "thats not gonna happen"
Long story short, i got an attorney, paid about a $100 to the attorney and a small fine (i think it was about a $150) and three months without another ticket- and it did not go on my record.

That was about a year and half ago, so flame me if you like. I want to get to the track, once i get back from Iraq. The streets arent enogh anymore.

Tofu

Endless

• Endless's very own group
  • Cold Chillin'
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 11:54:17 AM »
Got a ticket for doing 103mph in a 60mph. It was on a 6 lane tollway, in Dallas.

The first thing he said is "I hope you have a license for that thing, if not your going to jail, buddy"

When i called about taking defensive driving, the lady on the phone laughed at me and said "thats not gonna happen"
Long story short, i got an attorney, paid about a $100 to the attorney and a small fine (i think it was about a $150) and three months without another ticket- and it did not go on my record.

That was about a year and half ago, so flame me if you like. I want to get to the track, once i get back from Iraq. The streets arent enogh anymore.

Tofu

HAHA! That's fast mang!!  I'm surprised your shit wasn't towed!  Since your a soldier, the copper dodn't give you a breaK?
Machines own the straights.  Riders own the corners.

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 07:59:36 PM »

Tofu

In Taiwan (where I am) there is no 'point' system on licenses. So you can get as many speeding tickets as you want. Also speeding tickets for bikes are much less money than for cars. Since speeding cars usually kill a few people...and speeding bikes usually only kill yourself. I buddy of mine was doing 120 miles in a 60, he got a ticket for about 50 bucks U.S. . Which as far as I can tell is the maximum fine here for speeding on a bike. I got a 100 dollar fine for doing 10 over the limit in my car though. So I'm pretty sure if you got caught doing 180 in a 60...it'd still just be a 50 dollar fine here.  :thumb:

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
  • I'm kinder and gentler...you should be too
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 09:46:17 AM »
My buddy got a ticket doing 115 in a 65 and begged his way down to 2 no points tickets for Failure to Obey Traffic Control device and Illegible registration.  He would have lost his license due to points if he would have gotten the speeding ticket.

Mordeth

• FREAK Member
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 12:26:25 AM »
I was hoping other people would actually post their speeding photos....don't they give you them in the states?